hf1

Night nappy suggestions please

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night nappy suggestions please

Postby afterglow » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I can't keep putting dd in disposables at night, particularly as she now fishes the used ones out of the bin and crawls off with them (bleuch).

Would appreciate any suggestions /comments on nappies and boosters please. Hard water area with no dryer, so hemp or cotton ones are out as they go stupidly crunchy here (I had a bumhugger on trial and it was much harder than I'd like dd to be sleeping in). dd is about 21lbs, a light wetter but it's all at the front, the back of her sposie is dry in the mornings but the front is about 70/80% sodden. She has very skinny legs (Flexitot=Niagara Falls). I've ordered a Baby Beehind and a couple of bamboo prefolds from Nappy Needs, am hoping that they're actually in stock as the site doesn't do live stock updates. I'm also going to order a Slinki Minki pocket, as that looks simple enough for dh to do. I was going to get a couple of boosters for my Pop Ins, but tbh I really like those for day wear.

Thank you.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Night nappy suggestions please

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:03 pm

bamboo baby beehinds should be fab for you, you can fold all the boosters to the front! Also with the slinki, you can add extra stuffing to the front so that should work well!!

How about a WN NL, you can fold the booster to the front, and should work well if your LO is a light wetter!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:24 pm

What about an Upsy Daisy NN in french soy, Gracie has one and it dries really well and is a great fit , she to has really skinny chicken legs. Haven't tried a slinki yet but one is on it's way to try. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

:gaah: I want to try a UD NN but there's only hemp in stock which is a :nono: in our very hard water area. :evil:

Oh and these are sooo cute, Amy NEEDS a couple for her dollies. :D

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Dolly nappies! How cute!

Thanks for the ideas. I think I need to hold on until I know whether the bamboo baby beehinds are in stock or not, still I'd need to wait for Upsy Daisy to get stock in and for WN to clear the voucher orders so no rush. I think I'll order a minki in the time being.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Louise wrote::gaah: I want to try a UD NN but there's only hemp in stock which is a :nono: in our very hard water area. :evil:

Oh and these are sooo cute, Amy NEEDS a couple for her dollies. :D

Oh they are sooo cute, i'm going to have to get one of those for Daisy's B'day (Eldest dd) :widesmile:

UD NN are great, i've 4 in the Bamboo french terry and they fab, i've now managed to stop the legs gaping on them by folding the tri-fold insert in 4 instead of 3 and it fits in perfectly :D

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 pm

My new pink bamboo baby beehind arrived today, it is gorgeous. Can anyone tell me if it will be coloursafe on a 40 wash? I need to crack on with pre-washing. I'm trying to resist the temptation to order more before I've even used it once :giggle:

Time to order a minki pocket now, I think.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 pm

afterglow wrote:My new pink bamboo baby beehind arrived today, it is gorgeous. Can anyone tell me if it will be coloursafe on a 40 wash? I need to crack on with pre-washing. I'm trying to resist the temptation to order more before I've even used it once :giggle:

I alays wash mine at 40 or 60 and haven't noticed any colour loss. They're such lovely nappies! One of my favourite fitteds.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 pm

afterglow wrote:My new pink bamboo baby beehind arrived today, it is gorgeous. Can anyone tell me if it will be coloursafe on a 40 wash? I need to crack on with pre-washing. I'm trying to resist the temptation to order more before I've even used it once :giggle:

:shock: :shock: :shock: I didn't think you could get coloured ones anymore, where was it from?

Next

Return to Night Nappies