hf1

extra protection over minkies

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

extra protection over minkies

Postby Hughesette » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm

do any of u wear anything protective over your minki's like wool to help keep dry? Or do u find that they are pretty good on their own? Susannah

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: extra protection over minkies

Postby Frances » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Do you mean a slinki / standard minki? As they have a waterproof layer, we don't use anything else; they're fine on their own.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 pm

We don't use anything over our Minky pockets either.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm

WTS

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Just to add, a pocket nappy is only as good as the inserts you use, and I find that I have to pack our slinki minki with bamboo and hemp to last the night - I do sometimes worry that I'm sending my LO to sleep on a brick :oops:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:43 pm

again WSS

We use a wn bamboo trifold and a big weed in Jaks

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 pm

What they all said. But.....
Minkis generally are fleece with PUL inside (the best ones are anyway, in my opinion), you can get minkee with PUL too, but they aren't as good. On one or two very exceptional nights I've changed Rhys come morning and the nappy has wicked slightly (you can only tell by really trying to feel for it), but with being fleece it evaporates off so the slight wicking doesn't affect the performance of the nappy at all....does that make sense? I suppose that if you had a REALLY mega-wetter you could put an extra fleece wrap over the top, but honestly, we find them so reliable that, for us at least, there's really no need.

We stuff with a prefold and an EP hemp, or more recently, an IKEA näckten towel and an EP hemp.

My avatar
Hughesette
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Hughesette » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:05 am

thanks. We have a few pockets that we have used at night, but i have always been paranoid that they will leak! We have had a few leaks, thats why i have gone 4 some standard minki's!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:41 am

Yep Minkis are good on their own, well stuffed. We do sometimes put longies over the top but just as pj's really not to add protection, although it would work

Return to Night Nappies