hf1

My combination isn't working anymore

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

My combination isn't working anymore

Postby Mareth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Rhys is waking soaked through his night nappies the last 3 nights. Our usual combination of Slinki minki stuffed with prefold+EP or cotton terry+EP are no longer working. I'm trying him tonight with a standard minki stuffed with 2EP and a prefold on top and all wrapped in a cotten nackten towel, it's going to be very big :shock: .

Problem is I can't fit any more of what I have into the slinki minkis, and only have one standard. So I'm going to have to buy something slimmer but more absorbant than prefolds to add to the EPs. Any suggestions of what I can get? And where?

Thanks

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: My combination isn't working anymore

Postby charliesam » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:39 pm

i put a mixture of things- usually bamboo/ hemp- i really like GK bamboo insert or the old WN NN inserts, with a banboo square or both together -not much good as its difficult to get hold of either :( i also really like swaddlebees hemp inserts to boost :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:53 pm

EP do bamboo inserts the same price as their hemp ones. Also P'tit Dessous are extremely absorbent but slim. Ryan wears two of these and 1 or 2 Ep hemp in his Standard Minkis with plenty of room left.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:01 pm

You need to add more absorbancy with bulking it anymore. I'd put cotton or bamboo (bamboo fleece is slimmer than bamboo terry) on top of 2 hemp insert with an mf cloth in between the 2 hemp inserts. My night combination is : homemade 3 layer terry, then 2 layers bamboo fleece, 3 layer hemp, an mf cloth and another hemp insert. Inside a minky standard.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:16 pm

How about something like a bigger weed with cotton/bamboo terry/fleece on top?

Then you shouldn't have anymore bulk but what you do have should be more effective...

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

If im using a pocket fitted night nappy as an emergency my combination is : fleece liner , face flannel , bamboo booster (2 layers) , hemp insert (6 layers) , microfibre cloth , hemp insert (6 layers) , this will last 12 hours and not be too bulky :wink:

xxx

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks all. I think I need to get some P'tit Dessous.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Louise wrote:EP do bamboo inserts the same price as their hemp ones. Also P'tit Dessous are extremely absorbent but slim. Ryan wears two of these and 1 or 2 Ep hemp in his Standard Minkis with plenty of room left.

I was going to suggest the EP bamboo too - I've just bought some and they've only been prewashed a couple of times yet are already brilliantly absorbent!
I've just bought some PD too and they're also fab but much much longer...

TBH I put more than that in Grace's night nappy :? so I'm not suprised you need more...

Grace is in large standard minkis at night...

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:TBH I put more than that in Grace's night nappy :? so I'm not suprised you need more...

He's been great up until the last couple of days. I think it might be related to getting up slightly later the last few weeks (DH is leaving earlier for work now so doesn't get Rhys up on a morning anymore, I do), so he's not holding it in until his new morning nappy if you know what I mean.

Next

Return to Night Nappies