The saga continues...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

The saga continues...

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:36 am

:x :x :x :x

Right after having fit issues with our WNNN's I sold a couple (kept a couple too) and bought some minkis as we tried a couple out and the fit was super on Kieren, so i bought some minkis, more p'tit dessous bamboo inserts, bamboo terry squares, and more EP hemps...all set...have been merrily using them for the past couple of weeks at night only and Kieren has had a nasty rash that I havnt been able to shift and so the last 2 nights I have put him in a REALLY well stuffed goodmama and the rash has pretty much gone? :-?

(ETA, as for stipping, i bought 2 pre-loved minkis that were stripped as soon as i got them and 2 new ones...)

K has only ever worn a pocket in the day 2 or 3 times, i bought a handful to try when i was thinking about going back to work and sold them on again a week or so later...so we are 100% fitteds and pretty much 100% wool too...

Could the pul in the minkies be the problem? :( I think I should have ordered a couple of HONN's in the co-op :cry: they fit well when we tried one but i sold it on as it was a bit too pink for K and our WNNN's were fitting really well then...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: The saga continues...

Postby lazylexis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 am

:hug: hmmm i wouldn't have thought the pul as such would give the rash as it's not next to the skin but i may be wrong! Are they preloved?eta- just seen your edit so it's not that!is it the fleece?maybe he's wetter in a minki due to the pul rather than wearing wool and that's why?we've got problems too as the past few days we've not managed to get our minkis to fit well so got leaks and we've got a rash on nathan's belly where his soaker has been!we're having trouble with fit, i think due to skinny waist,smallish rise and chubby thighs! So i sympathise!
Last edited by lazylexis on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 am

Thats what im wondering ali, maybe becuase they are pul rather than fitteds he is getting wetter and not breathing as much... I have used fleece liners since he was born so i dont think its the fleece, plus i line the minkis with a liner anyway becuase im stupidly finicky about poo stains :oops:

:hug: Sorry your having probs too :( I have ordered a S'bish fitted NN so FC that works better then the WNNN's and then i can get back into fitteds and wool again...so frustrating :(

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 am

Minki pockets give Lottie a rash, have never worked out why :-? I'm boosting some of Wills nappies at night for Teddy at the moment. I managed to get a couple of toddler sized OBV piddle poddles and they are working well. Sorry can't offer much advice but sending :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I do feel your pain.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:59 pm

:hug: :hug: hope you manage to sort it out

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks, I have listed two of the slinkis for sale along with some of the inserts, im hoping that if we dont use them full time that it might be better...so am going to use them along with some fitteds and gope it keeps the rash away :-?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:39 pm

If it was the preloved minkies, maybe there was a differnt detergent still laying dormant in the fibres?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Thanks emma, i stripped them all when they arrived and it didnt seem any different when i used the brand new one either and the nappies were lined with my fleece liners too :-? very odd...I have sold a couple and im going to try my luck with fitteds again...just need a good fitting FS night nappy...

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 pm

i could lend you a puddlkins night nappy if you want its got pink stars on it and i am not 100% sure if its the same as what emma does now but am sure she would be able to tell me if i sent her a pic of the nappy you are more than welcoem to try it

Next

Return to Night Nappies