hf1

can anyone reccomend me a pocket or aio night nappy?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

can anyone reccomend me a pocket or aio night nappy?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi all.

we are using minkis on ethan at night at the moment but i am concerned about the bulk of the nappy and we are getting some leaks on the front of the nappy as hes taken to sleeping on his belly.
so i was wondering if anyone can reccomend another either pocket nappy or aio that works well for nights but not fleece type pockets as i want to avoid the bulk and heat of them again if possible. (dont mind fleece inner just not a fleece inner and outter.
I hate using seperate wraps for bedtime and wool isnt my thing either hence wanting to try an aio or other pocket nappy?

Any suggestions? pref it will have room for extra stuffing if needed? oh and either front fastening poppers or applix works best for us.

thanks

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: can anyone reccomend me a pocket or aio night nappy?

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:46 pm

We used Greenkids Anytimes successfully overnight until Evie was almost 2 and outgrow the rise (she is very tall anyway). I stuffed with their double bamboo insert and bamboo booster, and a mf insert on top and there was still room for more, while being very trim.

The Anytimes are PUL so we didnt get any wicking, the Funtimes avoid as they are typically cotton and I dont think they would cut it at night.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm

I've been very impressed with the performance of Bumgenius v3s on Clement overnight. They might be plain and boring looking, but I think most everyone would agree, that they work very well - and are known for the lack of leaks/wicking, which other pockets are known for! I tried BG v2s first but would get leaks/wicks from the top of the nappy when he wore them for 10+ hours. But once I tried a v3 all was sorted! Turns out it's the extra 1 inch of PUL on the top *inside* of the pocket, so you don't get any transfer of wetness from the top of the soaked inserts - which is especially important with tummy sleepers, which Clement is on occasions! :) I stuff his with a 2-part hemp Wonderfuls insert (lovely & slim) and top it with either a fairly thin microfibre insert or half a bamboo terry square - so it's really not that huge, but does him for 11 hours, which is quite impressive for a baby getting lots of :bf: in the night! :mrgreen:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:03 pm

eviesmummy wrote:We used Greenkids Anytimes successfully overnight until Evie was almost 2 and outgrow the rise (she is very tall anyway). I stuffed with their double bamboo insert and bamboo booster, and a mf insert on top and there was still room for more, while being very trim.

The Anytimes are PUL so we didnt get any wicking, the Funtimes avoid as they are typically cotton and I dont think they would cut it at night.

what size did you use hun? an idea on what the sizes are an weight ranges on these?
thanks x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 pm

rachelinscotland wrote:I've been very impressed with the performance of Bumgenius v3s on Clement overnight. They might be plain and boring looking, but I think most everyone would agree, that they work very well - and are known for the lack of leaks/wicking, which other pockets are known for! I tried BG v2s first but would get leaks/wicks from the top of the nappy when he wore them for 10+ hours. But once I tried a v3 all was sorted! Turns out it's the extra 1 inch of PUL on the top *inside* of the pocket, so you don't get any transfer of wetness from the top of the soaked inserts - which is especially important with tummy sleepers, which Clement is on occasions! :) I stuff his with a 2-part hemp Wonderfuls insert (lovely & slim) and top it with either a fairly thin microfibre insert or half a bamboo terry square - so it's really not that huge, but does him for 11 hours, which is quite impressive for a baby getting lots of :bf: in the night! :mrgreen:

OOOOOOH now this is interesting as weve just recently got some v2 bumgenius and i am realy liking them (we use them during the day alongside fuzzis and coolababys)

are the v3 onesize hun?
plain and boring is fine by me especialy for night time use. I just want smething that performs well but isnt too bulky.
Think i may try one of the v3 if i can get hold of one on the classifieds.

thanks

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 pm

We use a Baby Beehinds Magic-All which is a front-fastening minkee pocket. It has a built-in layer of microfibre, and comes with an additional bamboo fleece booster. I also add an additional bamboo terry insert. It has plenty of room for stuffing and works well on my medium wetter.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

we use wnos sucessfully at night, the pocket is huge, i stuffed with a bamboo squares the size of a small towel :shock: and no leaks. I have had sopping wet WNNN and UDNN which are highly rated what i found though is if i extra boost at the front massively (tummy sleeper and wees at front anyway) then they are ok :wink:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm

littlesez wrote:we use wnos sucessfully at night, the pocket is huge, i stuffed with a bamboo squares the size of a small towel :shock: and no leaks. I have had sopping wet WNNN and UDNN which are highly rated what i found though is if i extra boost at the front massively (tummy sleeper and wees at front anyway) then they are ok :wink:

dont you have to use a seperate wrap with the wnos hun?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:We used Greenkids Anytimes successfully overnight until Evie was almost 2 and outgrow the rise (she is very tall anyway). I stuffed with their double bamboo insert and bamboo booster, and a mf insert on top and there was still room for more, while being very trim.

what size did you use hun? an idea on what the sizes are an weight ranges on these?
thanks x

They are a one size nappy :wink:

Next

Return to Night Nappies