hf1

Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Searching for night nappies... *little update pg 3*

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:52 pm

As I said on the other thread, we have a fair few night nappies, but none of them are "just right".

We have currently:

1 x Harmony (French WAHM) night nappy - nowhere near absorbant enough, but quite scruffy so not actually worth selling. Needs uber boosting to get through the night and still comes off soaking wet.
1 x Flutterby Fluff night nappy - Major leg gape with this now. I think it's because she's actually getting too big for it now (this one is medium). I don't usually have to boost, but it was soaked this morning and failed to contain the poo she put into it :roll:
3 x WeeNotions Night Notions - Fabulous absorbancy (still pretty much soaked in the morning), never needed any boosting, but leg gape is quite bad.
2 x Hollow Oak night nappies - Fantastic fit (the best of the lot), but absorbancy wise, they are not up to our requirements, so need boosting with bamboo and hemp. I think because the fit is so good, I don't really begrudge the boosting, but I'm not spending £20+ on another night nappy which doesn't quite work.

So, where to go next?

Tempted by a Puddlekins Silent Night (never heard a bad review of these and they don't seem to come up for sale every often, which is a good indication to me) or a Luscious Little Something's night nappy (but I don't know how absorbant they are and I get the impression they are pocket fitted, which we don't get on with).

But what else is there?

Tried:
Cloth Canoe Twilight (couldn't even be used as a day nappy for us), Holden's Landing Bedbugs (as the Twilight), Minki Huggles (bad fit), Wild Child night nappy (fit was wrong and not absorbant enough), Little Kiwi Quick Flips (not absorbant enough, even when boosted).

Argh. I HATE NIGHT NAPPIES!!
Last edited by tanya on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Searching for night nappies... Again *sigh*

Postby megansmummy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 pm

tanya, I have been recently searching too as we couldnt get the fit quite right on WNNN's but nothing compared to them absorbancy wise for us...I tried a sustainablebabyish night nappy last night (that i bought from bums-n-roses) and i almost sent it back when it arrived becuase it looked SO slim :-? But it worked fabulously last night...we only just getting wet on the outside! It has a snap in double insert (i folded the top layer over for K) and also a extra night doubler which i folded in half and put at the front and i was seriusly amazed! I will write a review when i get a minute but i was/am really impressed and will deffinatly be keeping it! The only thing is that its front fitting which if i remember rightly you dont get on with? :-?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 pm

megansmummy wrote:tanya, I have been recently searching too as we couldnt get the fit quite right on WNNN's but nothing compared to them absorbancy wise for us...I tried a sustainablebabyish night nappy last night ..... The only thing is that its front fitting which if i remember rightly you dont get on with? :-?

Unfortunately, Bella's shape doesn't seem to agree with front snapping nappies (we get horendous wing droop and they seem to fall off her!), but that nappy does sound really interesting. It might be worth a try, even if it is front fastening.

I just need to go through Bella's stash and see what I can sell to fund new night nappies.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:15 pm

I think you definitely need a Puddlekins. They are easily our most absorbent night nappies (I also have to heavily boost Hollow Oaks and Flutterby Fluffs), which I don't boost! :shock: I also like our Upsy Daisy NN. I guess the new Luscious Little Somethings one will be quite similar? It is a pocket that you stuff, but the boosters that came with it (I bought an extra one that we do need to use, so use 3, plus the actual nappy) are absorbent enough for Missy even for 12 hours. Emma is very good at making sure what you get will work for your LO. And her zorb boosters are really absorbent, too, so I recommend those.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

How do you find the fit as it's front fastening? I think that's probably my only reservation with it TBH.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 pm

My PK NN is SS. ;) Emma makes pretty much exactly what you ask for. I weighed one of Iris' wet NN after I got sick of soaking bedding when she started outpeeing everything. I then told Emma how much absorbency I needed and what style of nappy I wanted and I got something perfect back. :mrgreen: Brilliant CS.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 pm

I think I may email Emma and ask if she can make me a night nappy for Bella which is pretty much exactly the same as Iris'. It sounds perfect.

Thanks for that.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Tanya , was going to say i could send you my puddlekins cotton sherpa night nappy if you wanted to try it out for size etc? I cant belive how absorbant they actually are considering they are so thin! I use a babykicks hemp insert in it too just for extra security lol but 1 added insert is good for a nn imo :giggle:

Its a front fitting though and although we dont get along with front snapping either ,and dont own any others ,the fit on this is ok for some reason? :)

Are the puddlekins slient nights side snapping now then?

If you want to borrow mine let me know , but if not then no worries! :wink:

sophie
x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 pm

You're welcome.

Just be prepared for the size of the thing! Here's a pic I took when it first arrived. It's the one on the LHS; the one on the RHS is a UD NN for comparison. It's large!

Next

Return to Night Nappies