hf1

Night nappies with good containment ;o)

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Night nappies with good containment ;o)

Postby LadyMoonlight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:56 pm

My two have been going to bed in Bumhuggers for the last year and they have worked brilliantly for us.

That is, until recently :( Firstly, we have had real trouble with boosting them enough lately to cope overnight. The beans are both heavy wetters and the pocket in the Bumhugger isn't that generous (unless they are better now).

This is causing more problems though as to boost them enough means that the nappy is very thick and therefore doesn't fit all that brilliantly when it gets soaked as it's stiff. We have also found that very recently, they are getting mucky first thing too so where the fit isn't great, the nappy isn't containing well.

So (after much rambling :oops: ) I need to consider my options for night nappywear! I have a few questions:

1. What night nappies have you found that fit really well (around the legs particularly)?
2. Can you recommend any long thin bamboo boosters that might work in my Bumhuggers?

I've stopped putting them in their shorties overnight for the last week as they will just get manky :(

Thanks in advance :D
LM x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Night nappies with good containment ;o)

Postby JanX » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:41 pm

for bamboo boosters why not just buy a couple of 40x40cm bamboo terry squares and fold them slim to fit?

I like minki pockets for overnight so don't have much advice regarding fitteds I'm sorry.

jan x

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks Jan :)

I have been trying to find some bamboo squares but I don't want to buy new if I can help it, until I know if this is going to be the answer. As I don't use pockets, I'd have no other use for them and they aren't cheap are they.

I'll keep searching!!

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm

i use my old little lamb inserts outside my ellas house with a single cotton booster. I also have a heavy wetter and use bumbles.

My avatar
LadyMoonlight
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby LadyMoonlight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:25 pm

At the moment, I've got the Bumhugger with a cotton prefold wrapped around a hemparoo, and this combination still isn't coping!! :shock: I've got a new hemp/bamboo booster that is excellent but needs a bit more washing to be up to full absorbancy.

I can't use anything outside the nappy as their shorties don't keep things in place.

It's such a pain :lol:

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:22 pm

i can see that that would be a pain pain using shorties have you tried the kiwi quick flips . I use them aswell for night time. You probably don't want to spend anymore. Heavy wetters can be a problem with night time nappies.

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:41 pm

If I use my bumhugger then I pad fold a bigger weeds and trifold a facecloth and stuff that into the pocket. I do prefer either a Wee Notions stuffed with their own booster or a bamboo Kiwi QF unstuffed for nights though.

Sally

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 pm

LadyMoonlight wrote:
I can't use anything outside the nappy as their shorties don't keep things in place.

It's such a pain :lol:

Could you try nippaing extra boosting to the outside of the nappy (one on the front one on the back????), I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so apologies in advance if that is a daft idea :oops: :lol:

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:08 pm

We love the bamboo little lamb. It seems incredibly absorbant and quite generous fit. With ds we used to put an extra booster on the outside of the nappy, just lay it in the wrap. He was an incredibly heavy wetter and it worked really well but made him look like a Weeble!

Sue

Next

Return to Night Nappies