hf1

Me again :o(

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Me again :o(

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm

strawberries are quite acidic,nathan won't touch them!
Some nights when nathan's weed a lot he has a very red nappy area the next morning but it settles down pretty quickly.
I presume you've tried a barrier cream?

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

:hug: Is it really worth all the aggravation? Maybe just stick with disposables for a while and try again in a few weeks. Poor Kieren, and poor you :hug:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Scotia wrote::hug: Is it really worth all the aggravation? Maybe just stick with disposables for a while and try again in a few weeks. Poor Kieren, and poor you :hug:

If it was me I'd want to know what is causing it, especially if it's an allergic reaction and cutting out the allergen makes him better. I don't think it's about being in cloth full time (it's not my reason for trying to help anyway).

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:50 pm

nappynutter wrote:
Scotia wrote::hug: Is it really worth all the aggravation? Maybe just stick with disposables for a while and try again in a few weeks. Poor Kieren, and poor you :hug:

If it was me I'd want to know what is causing it, especially if it's an allergic reaction and cutting out the allergen makes him better. I don't think it's about being in cloth full time (it's not my reason for trying to help anyway).

Yes, but in the meantime Kieren is suffering with a sore bottom. I'd rather just use a disposable at night if it's not causing the same problem.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Oh hun what a nightmare, it was all sounding so positive too you must be so frustrated :hug:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Scotia wrote:
nappynutter wrote:

Yes, but in the meantime Kieren is suffering with a sore bottom. I'd rather just use a disposable at night if it's not causing the same problem.

If the rash is caused by an allergy or intolerance then there's a reasonable chance the disposable nappy is keeping the toxins locked in his skin and long term that would be far worse. All I'm saying is it's worth ruling that out.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Grace can't have strawberries or raspberries or orange as while they don't seem to upset her insides too much they do give her a rash on her face and she gets quite irritated by it...
I've not dared try her with Kiwi yet as Isabelle had problems with that too and it makes my mouth itch...

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Strawberries are a fairly common allergen. The others common ones in babies and small children are:

milk (you know about that one already though)
soya (lots of babies with a cow's milk allergy also cannot tolerate soya) and other pulses
shellfish (but also other fish like cod)
citrus fruits
bananas
kiwi
egg
nuts
tomatoes
wheat

What does he eat?
What are his favourite foods? These are the ones mostly like to be causing a problem (the short term endorphin realise is addictive and makes you crave more of it even although long term it's harming your body).
Have you tried cutting out all food and just giving him milk for a few days and see what happens? (There's no reason why you can't do that easily at his age. Most of my kids didn't start having solids until between 13 and 15 months, milk only is perfectly fine until the age of 2).
What does he eat before bed?
What is his poo like? Can you see food in it? Does it smell normal? Does he have a red ring around his bottom?
How often does he have a bath? What toiletries do you use?
Where does he sleep? How old is his mattress? How often do you wash his bedding and how?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm

:giggle: at the spanish inquisition there - don't get me wrong I know why you're asking all those questions but it did make me chuckle...

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies