hf1

At the end of my tether!

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

At the end of my tether!

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 pm

I can't cope with Noah's weeing any more. Where the hell am i going wrong?!

He wears WNNN's or LLS night nappies with all the extras (but only one comes close, the other two he has don't stand a chance he peed through his latest one whilst napping today. Not impressed). They are absolutely sopping by morning and although his wool remains dry, mostly (we have had serious puddles too), i'm going to have to replace it all within a month because of the felting and to be honest i can't afford/justify the cost to keep doing that. Boosting inside the nappies causes a bad fit and outside the nappy makes him scream the house down and him pull at it. I can't win!

I really can't afford to do this right now and mingled with the fact that even if i could, NOTHING is available right now. I could scream! :oops:

Is this the end for him? I don't want to resort to pampers and even if i do he'll have to have a whole new wardrobe because he doesn't own a single pair of normal trousers.

Sorry for the woe is me post, i'm just really annoyed that i can't figure this out. His drink intake hasn't changed at all and i know he's probably ready to potty train but he's scared stiff of the toilet (wasn't helped by the older two watching Flushed Away the other day. :roll: ) and won't use it at all.

Maybe i should just admit defeat. :cry:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: At the end of my tether!

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh hun i have given up a bit lately with night nappies due to uber pees! ONe thing I will ask though....does he drink the bath water? Roo is terrible for this and then has a BF and a 4-6oz bottle before bed!

I put a pull up on him on saturday night as we were out at a friends for longer than I thought and it lasted him fine with no leaks. DF said I should just sell al lthe night nappies now and put him in pull ups. He is especially not impressed at 4am bed changes and a wriggly baby.

No other suggestions other than a puddlekins hun :( :surrender:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 pm

He's usually pretty good in the bath hun, he has one every other night and there's not really any difference he how much he'll pee.

I have considered the boosters from puddlekins but honeslty without selling something i just can't buy anything new now... I'm not keen on the whole waiting and stalking for a custom slot either. To much pressure when i really need something.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm

paintedclaws wrote:He's usually pretty good in the bath hun, he has one every other night and there's not really any difference he how much he'll pee.

I have considered the boosters from puddlekins but honeslty without selling something i just can't buy anything new now... I'm not keen on the whole waiting and stalking for a custom slot either. To much pressure when i really need something.

Carolyn as a short term and very cheap fix could you buy a sheet of Zorb from Lush Tush and cut it into your own boosters, it's so thin that it shouldn't effect the fit and is really thirsty, it's about £4 for a nappy cut which you should be able to cut a good few boosters from, it's just like felt so doesn't need hemming or anything.
:hug: :hug: :hug: I feel your pain though I had a similar problem a few months ago and got 2 PK which are fab, my LLS are also good but I put a LL bamboo booster between the nappy and wrap with those.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Id offer you a loan of ours but its a medium :( Doubt Noah would fit in it somehow!

It must be mighty frustrating for you :(

How long does he wear his night nappy for before bed? Just incase like Roo he's in in an hour before bed and you can maybe get away with a bare bum or different nappy to catch a big pee before bed.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:39 pm

PM'd you. There is hope ;)

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

tanya2007 wrote:PM'd you. There is hope ;)

yep! There sure is! All in the form of the wonderful Ems! :wink: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 pm

have you tried a nappies by minki, they hold heaps of boosting and are often the only answer to people with heavy wetters. Is he holding onto his wee then flooding?
Was he bothered by the film? I know something like that wouldn't bother our little miss as she really wouldn't "get it" or sit still long enough :roll:

As for pt'ing, will he use a potty or one of these loo seats with the steps up to it for ease? We have fab 3 part loo seats, lid, then wee bum seat so no falling down then big bum seat, it's this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adult-Child-Famil ... 1973wt_913 x

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 pm

We had this problem last summer with Rebekah & it was a nightmare. She became hysterical when she saw the potty :roll:

Emma is stocking some boys NN tonight. Maybe worth trying to get one. If you want a hand stalking give me a shout, I owe you :wink:

Next

Return to Night Nappies