hf1

About to surrender .

My avatar
lisi
Clothie
Clothie

About to surrender .

Postby lisi » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 am

I'm getting to the point where I'm almost ready to give up on night nappies and use disposables :( With my first daughter we used ella's house bumhuggers til she was dry at night with no problems... DD2 is a much heavier wetter and I just can't boost her enough to get through the night. Waking at 4am wet and changing her plus bed is miserable.
Anyone got any ideas of a different nappy we can try before I give up altogether? I havent got much to spend :( but would like to stay in cloth if we possibly can
Thanks
Lis :(

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: About to surrender .

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 am

weenotions night nappies are popular, fitteds and wool are excellent. personally we use luscious little somethings night nappies with a wool interlock soaker over the top, but for a cheaper alternative u can use fleece over the top. somewhere like primark has cheap fleece sleepsuits atm, i got one yesterday for all of a fiver, this i find is great over any nappy and wrap, i wash them after each use but find even if there is a small leak (which i don't get with wool) then it's never on to any bedding. how old is your lo? u don't say. have u also tried any hemp boosting? there are many ways to boost nappies if need be, boosting inside, or outside between the nappy and wrap can sometime help without affecting the shape of the nappy.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

weenotions night nappies, puddlekins silent nights, luscious little somethings all work ok for us although due to heavy wetting I get the heavy wetter versions or boost heavily. A bumhugger wouldn't last us more than a few hours and definitely not overnight. You may be able to get some preloved night nappies. Other people like nappies by minki - they have a huge pocket which has lots of room for stuffing- easy peasy hemp and ptits dessous inserts together used to work for us.

My avatar
lisi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisi » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks! My little girl's 18mths now and weighs about 23lbs... I'm going hunting on the classifieds!
xxx

Return to Night Nappies