hf1

HELP! Need a night nappy recommendation for a super wetter!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

HELP! Need a night nappy recommendation for a super wetter!

Postby Rufies mama » Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi, I'm having real trouble finding a night nappy to last my super wetter. So far we've tried WNNN (not a hope in hell), I recently bought a brand new Puddlekins/Little Gumnut All hours, this doesn't do well at all, we have damp pyjama bottoms in the morning depite massively boosting both inside and outside the nappy (beneath the wool) to the point that my poor baby looks rather uncomfortable and as though he has a football around his bottom/crotch :oops: . We've had some success with the Baby Beehinds Night nappy but its a much smaller fit than the all hours, also I don't want to buy more of these as they're made in China... :( I've just bought a preloved Wild child DNN+ but it wasn't any better and the serged edges cut into my poor boy's thighs leaving marks that were still there this evening :roll:
I don't really know where to go next...? I have a Wool all hours on order, do you think this'll serve us any better?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: HELP! Need a night nappy recommendation for a super wetter!

Postby paintedclaws » Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm wondering, as you say the Puddlekins is new.. How many times have you washed it? They certainly worked MUCH better on my superwetting 3yr old than a baby beehind ever would (he could outwet a beehind when he was a year old!). Also is it soaking front to back? Or more just in the wetzone? What are you boosting it with? How are you folding the insert?

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 pm

paintedclaws wrote:I'm wondering, as you say the Puddlekins is new.. How many times have you washed it? They certainly worked MUCH better on my superwetting 3yr old than a baby beehind ever would (he could outwet a beehind when he was a year old!). Also is it soaking front to back? Or more just in the wetzone? What are you boosting it with? How are you folding the insert?

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

I've washed it about 4 or 5 times. I fold the zorb so that its doubled at the front, and the nappy is wet all over in the morning but more so at the front. I boost with another couple of thin layers of zorb in the nappy itself, then on the outside of the nappy but inside the wool shorts I put a few other bits of zorb and bamboo boosters inside a flanneletter trifolded booster. Seriously he looks very round and uncomfortable with all this on... The beehind nappy is their new night nappy.

I love your baby's red dress/coat. What is it made from and where did you get it please? If I can't buy one I'd love to try and make one. Do you have any more photos of it? Thanks X

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue May 03, 2011 6:45 am

As another who used to have a super heavy wetter and the Puddlekins Wool nappies being amongst the best I tried on her, I'm also a bit surprised to hear a Baby Beehinds nappy was better than the Puddlekins. It sounds to me that either the boosting in the Puddlekins is distorting the shape and allowing wee to run out of the legs or some other fit problems causing leaks, whereas the BBH nappy sounds like it fits much better on your LO.

I would try putting a wanted post up for the BBH nappies or get them from Bibs and Bots. I understand that they are from China, but if they work, that would make them worth it in my opinion. My experience of searching for night nappies meant that I bought what worked, regardless of where it came from, purely because there was little that worked at any given time.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 am

I have a wool outer LLS SW & a bamboo velour one & I don't see a massive difference in the absorbancy. That said I do prefer my puddlekins wool but it isn't an all hours so I can't compare. The absorbancy of my puddlekins wool is more than the all hours. Did you manage to get a LLS wool to try?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Tue May 03, 2011 9:03 am

Alas, no we haven't managed to find n LLS wool in our size... He's a large if anyone out there ha one. :)

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Tue May 03, 2011 1:20 pm

I own 6 wool and 10 obv super wetters from LLS and there is no difference in my view between the 2...we also add in another zorb booster overnight :shock: and still get sopping outers....and Aoife has her final drink at 6pm of 9oz of milk then nothing til 7am :shock:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm

I use LLS superwetters and BB+ mostly. I have a side snapping WCDNN that I put 5 piggybacks in and that works ok too though its by far the most bulky by the time Ive had to add all those extra layers!
When I worked out the absorbency of the LLS superwetter (OBV outer) compared to the BB+ they came out almost exactly the same so either of those may be worth a go.
We cant seem to get on with the PK stuff either in the past but I havent tried one in the last 4/5 months or so. Interestingly I did have a BBH on recommendation but it wasnt anywhere near absorbent enough, your LO must just suit them!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue May 03, 2011 4:35 pm

vampiredreams wrote:I own 6 wool and 10 obv super wetters from LLS and there is no difference in my view between the 2...we also add in another zorb booster overnight :shock: and still get sopping outers....and Aoife has her final drink at 6pm of 9oz of milk then nothing til 7am :shock:

We have to add zorb too & ours are sopping in the morning.

anothersquish wrote:When I worked out the absorbency of the LLS superwetter (OBV outer) compared to the BB+ they came out almost exactly the same so either of those may be worth a go.

How did you work it out & what was the absorbancy? I'm really interested because I am very doubtful about the bbh because it is only bamboo fleece & there are more absorbant materials is the LLS & PK superwetters.

BTW Em from puddlekins only made a handful of superwetter nappies before she started making the all hours so chances are you the all hours & superwetter PK would be much better nappies than any of the PK you may have tried before.

Next

Return to Night Nappies