hf1

Massive bedtime bums?!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Massive bedtime bums?!

Postby rachymoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I have finally managed to start building a night nappy stash for Jake - we have mainly been using disposables for night time so far :oops: but I really want to be able to stop using them altogether.

I have put Jake in a WNNN and a wool soaker, I had to add a hemp booster because last night he went to bed in a WNNN with just the normal inserts and then a wool soaker and this morning he was a bit damp. Thing is, his bum is MASSIVE! His feet are so much higher than his head, and his legs are practically in the air because his bum is so big! Is this ok? Does it bother them/affect their sleep? I don't remember Lilly's bum ever being this big at night, lol.

Oh while I remember, another question - how often do you change in the night? To be honest I leave him in it all night til about 5am, is this ok? Obviously I do change him if he's pooed or if he's soaking but otherwise I leave him (and all my night nappies have stay dry inners so his bum always feels dry in the morning).

You'd think I'd know all this by now :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Massive bedtime bums?!

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Hun,

Rufus went into dedicated night nappies somewhere between 8-10 weeks old & I stopped changing him when I did his night feed as I found it was waking him up too much, we'd just get him out of his moses/cot do his dream feed & put him back down.

We just changed him when he got up at 7am and he was fine, again at that point we had all stay-dry inners so he wasn't wet or uncomfortable & he never poo'd in the night so it wasn't an issue. His bum was also massive in either WNNN or Bedbugs, but it didn't seem to bother him at all. He'll soon tell you if he's uncomfortable.

x
Last edited by zoeyboo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm

You think thats a big bum!
Imi has gone to bed with 2 LLs 2 microfibre inserts and a bamboo insert and she will still have a little leak by the morning! :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Our night nappies were huge too!
Size 2 bamboozle & PD booster. Doens't matter how big it is - they aren't moveing about & it needs to do the job.
We switched to proper night nappies once we stopped getting dirty ones over night - then just kept adjusting the absorbancy until we found a combo that lasted the night. And then change as soona s they wake up.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 pm

When you say he was damp do you mean wet had come through the soaker?

T always has a HUGE bedtime bum, he wets heavily and he needs it (no disposable would cope!) as I refuse to wake him to change his bum in the middle of the night! I havent ever changed him during the night tbh, when he was teeny tiny I would change him when he fully woke for a late night feed (between 10 and midnight) but then wouldnt change him again til he woke around 6am. We have always co-slept and did the boob in mouth bit without either of us actually waking in between times.
Certainly has never bothered him and hasnt stopped him being happy, sleeping well and developing as normal!

My avatar
Mummymagic
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummymagic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm so new to this night nappy thing, can you not use normal day nappies? All the hemp boosters etc confuse me! Will I be needing more boosters soon? My lo is nearly 7 months and goes for bout 12 hours at night in a bg os pocket with the normal mf! No probs so far but nappy is sodden by morn but not leaking! Will I have to stock up on better absorbing inserts. Getting worried as I bf, but alot of people use night nappies or boosters and I'm not atm, she's gaining weight fine but am I in for a shock soon?
X

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:50 am

It's weird, the wool soaker didn't feel damp but his sleepsuit did, the nappy was pretty sodden too. This morning I changed him at 5am although tbh I think I could have left him as the nappy was still dry on the outside and the hemp booster was still dry. I'm thinking maybe because the one he wore night before last was new so hasn't reached full absorbency? (although it's been prewashed about 4 times). Whereas last night's one was preloved so probably a lot more absorbent.

Anyway funnily enough last night he slept better than he has all week. Maybe he likes having a massive bum :giggle:

Mummymagic wrote:I'm so new to this night nappy thing, can you not use normal day nappies? All the hemp boosters etc confuse me! Will I be needing more boosters soon? My lo is nearly 7 months and goes for bout 12 hours at night in a bg os pocket with the normal mf! No probs so far but nappy is sodden by morn but not leaking! Will I have to stock up on better absorbing inserts. Getting worried as I bf, but alot of people use night nappies or boosters and I'm not atm, she's gaining weight fine but am I in for a shock soon?
X

Hmm, it might be that she'll start wetting more soon or it might be that you just have a light wetter. I know that would never have lasted Lilly overnight, it would probably last about an hour with both of mine :giggle: I have to boost pretty much EVERYTHING. Just see how it goes I guess - you could try getting a booster or 2 just in case. I'm sure at some stage your lo will start wetting more I think that's what usually happens x

Return to Night Nappies