hf1

Where can I get a Wool Wrap?

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Where can I get a Wool Wrap?

Postby Rebeccar75 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:49 am

Hi, have been reading the threads and it seems that wool wraps are really good for night - do they work in the same way as fleece? I use a TB stretch sz 2 boosted with bamboo and hemp and it lasts for 12 hours but the wrap is really stinky in the morning (I just use a TB pul wrap) so I have to wash it every day and keep just one for nights as it really is soooo bad....

And where can I get a wool wrap - without spending much money?

Rebecca :wave:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Where can I get a Wool Wrap?

Postby ladybird » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 am

They do work in roughly the same way as fleece, yes. You shouldn't need to wash as often though and they do need lanolising every now and then, but that's not really a big deal.
I would start by looking at the classifieds section. Or in WAHM Wonders if you want to buy new.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am

Wool works by absorbing moisture from the nappy, and letting it evaporate away. When lanolised, it does not feel wet as lanolin is a sheep's natural umbrella :wink: and stops it getting soggy. It does not smell as bad or need washed as often as fleece, and wool is less prone to wicking or leaking than PUL wraps, they also look more comfy and don't leave red marks. Soakers can be used under pyjamas and longies/shorties etc can be used instead of normal trousers.

You can get knitted wraps from many woolly WAHMs, check out the WAHM Wonders section as there may be instock soakers or you can have one knit specially for your LO. You can also get Disana wool wraps http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... Wraps.html
or wool interlock soakers, which are fab but seem to be quite difficult to come by these days.

Buying a preloved one from the classifieds is a cheap way to try woollies, and as a bonus they are often well lanolised with use and very effective. You will need to buy lanolin (or use lansinoh if you have some in the house) to lanolise the soaker every so often and you'll find info on how to do this on the wool board.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

popolini do a wool interlock wrap with poppers, not very exciting but we have some and the leg cuffs are nice and soft too, they are pre lanolised and work for us for nights
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... OLPOP.html

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:39 am

I didn't realise there were so many different types of wool wraps. That twinkelontheweb page is really informative and now I can't make up my mind!!

THanks for the info, will have to look into it a bit more I think.

Return to Night Nappies