hf1

1st night in cloth hasn't gone so well.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

1st night in cloth hasn't gone so well.

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I will just copy & paste the e-mail I have just written to Wee Notions. If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated...

I have ordered a night notions from you but while I was waiting for it to come I bought a pre-loved one. The nappy I have is a V3 and I put it on my son tonight with a fleece wrap. He is about 21lbs and the nappy was a large. I did it up with the poppers 1 looser than the tightest setting. I felt round the nappy and had space to put 2 fingers (stretching it) round his waist & legs. I don't usually use night nappies & he didn't seem too happy about wearing it but I put him to bed in it. He wouldn't settle so I went into his room & rubbed his back (he was lying on his side), as I was rubbing him I noticed his whole leg had gone blue (the one he was lying on). I took the nappy straight off & put him in a disposable.

I am wondering why this happened & if a night nappy might not be suitable?

Any suggestions?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: 1st night in cloth hasn't gone so well.

Postby Shaunie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 pm

I've no idea what it could be and have never heard of this before. The nappy is not new and been used lots and even when it was new there was never any dye that come out. Do you have any idea what the blue was? Maybe it was too tight?

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

ETA - re-reading your thread it does sound as though his leg could have gone blue through compression :shock:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 pm

I can't really guess why this would have happened, but if the nappy wasn't too tight it must have been something to do with how he was led - did he get himself into the position he was lying in?

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Shaunie wrote:I've no idea what it could be and have never heard of this before. The nappy is not new and been used lots and even when it was new there was never any dye that come out. Do you have any idea what the blue was? Maybe it was too tight?

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

ETA - re-reading your thread it does sound as though his leg could have gone blue through compression :shock:

It wasn't blue as in dye- it was blue as in oxygen starved :shock:

WN wrote back to me & said they hadn't heard of this happening. Just wondering if anyone else had had problems with this with night nappies. He put himself in the position he was in (on his side). I am going to try again tomorrow night & put the nappy on loosely & see how it goes.

Shaunie- don't worry the nappy is fab, I'm just wondering whether my son is the wrong shape for it as he has a v. skinny tummy but chubby thighs!

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh sorry your first night had a blip :hug:

I would say this is no reflection on 'night nappies' though. If the nappy is a side snap then you can overcome the problem of skinny waist, chunky thighs some by having the top and bottom rows of poppers on different sizes. Like have the top row done up tight and the bottom row loose iyswim.

I had a similar thing happend to my DD at a few weeks old but with a different brand o fnappy. And basically the insert was ridiculously big and with the wrap done up, cut off circulation :shock:

I'm sure you will find either the right popper setting/nappy that works for you :D The nappy world is always trial and error and different people find different things work for them.

Wishing you happy night-nappy night very soon :hug:

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks knees_on, I do have the top popper tighter than the bottom but only by 1 popper... I might try and see if I can do it by 2 poppers & hopefully that will solve the problem. Fingers crossed for tomorrow night :thumbsup:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Nothing quite so dramatic but our first night in cloth with tots bots bamboozle stretch nappy and WNSS wrap left my biggest tiny with deep red marks on her thighs, I honestly think it's just a case of trial and error and as someone else said maybe putting snaps on different for tummy than legs! xx

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 pm

:hug: hope you get on better tonight

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Oh no, that sounds scary. Would second the comments about side snaps, would give you the flexibility about having it looser around the legs, although it doesn't sound from your comments that you had it on that tight, especially if you checked it. Really hope you have better luck when you try again :hug:

Next

Return to Night Nappies