hf1

22 layers

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

22 layers

Postby charlibunny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 am

22 layers and it still leaked :shock: :shock: 1 thirsties hemp prefold, 1 ep hemp and 2 ll bamboo under a thirsties wrap.

He feeds 4 times in the night and his night nappies must weigh a stone. The obvious answer is change him in the night, but every time I do this he wakes up and won't go back off.

Nothing works :x :x :x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: 22 layers

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 am

have you tried using wool instead of the thirsties wrap? wool allows moisture to evaporate whereas the pul wrap holds it all in - might be worth a go?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:56 am

Miss_Purple wrote:have you tried using wool instead of the thirsties wrap? wool allows moisture to evaporate whereas the pul wrap holds it all in - might be worth a go?

His babygrow got wet every time :cry: :cry: Plus his nappy that huge no soaker fits. DH not let me use longies as " he will be too hot" :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:58 am

charlibunny wrote:22 layers and it still leaked :shock: :shock: 1 thirsties hemp prefold, 1 ep hemp and 2 ll bamboo under a thirsties wrap.

He feeds 4 times in the night and his night nappies must weigh a stone. The obvious answer is change him in the night, but every time I do this he wakes up and won't go back off.

I sooooo know where you are coming from!
Eleanor had a bamboozle on the other night with a BBOS hemp insert & 2LL boosters and also still leaked!

Have you thought about dedicated night nappies for heavy-super heavy wetters?
I've just got 2 HL BB+ and going to give them a try once they are prewashed!
There must be other solutions to changing him in the night! You need your sleep.
:hug: :hug:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 am

Have you tried weighing his nappy before and after to see how much liquid it contains, that would give you an idea how much absorbency you need. Doesn't Ems do custom absorbency nappies?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 am

Could it be that rge fit is wrong rather than lack of absorbency?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 am

Austin was like that at night, never got on with night nappies he *always* needed changing at night at least once or twice. He's probably still waking 4 times because he's so wet (sorry if that's defeating the point)

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:36 am

docmaggoo wrote:
charlibunny wrote:22 layers and it still leaked :shock: :shock: 1 thirsties hemp prefold, 1 ep hemp and 2 ll bamboo under a thirsties wrap.

I sooooo know where you are coming from!
Eleanor had a bamboozle on the other night with a BBOS hemp insert & 2LL boosters and also still leaked!

Have you thought about dedicated night nappies for heavy-super heavy wetters?
I've just got 2 HL BB+ and going to give them a try once they are prewashed!
There must be other solutions to changing him in the night! You need your sleep.
:hug: :hug:

I can't afford BB+ they are about £25 a pop and I would need atleast 3 :shock: :shock: Im ordering a little gumnut today!!

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Austin was like that at night, never got on with night nappies he *always* needed changing at night at least once or twice. He's probably still waking 4 times because he's so wet (sorry if that's defeating the point)

Yeah you have a fair point. Sometimes a BG stuffed with 2 EP hemp and a PD works and he still wakes up 4 times. It's ever since he had croup :|
tanya wrote:Could it be that rge fit is wrong rather than lack of absorbency?

The BG's stuffed well fit lovely. I think the prefold leaked last night due to bad fit, but there wasnt a cm of booster tha wasn't dripping :roll:
Miss_Purple wrote:Have you tried weighing his nappy before and after to see how much liquid it contains, that would give you an idea how much absorbency you need. Doesn't Ems do custom absorbency nappies?

I need one yes, Im ordering one today in the hope it is done soon and I have a voucher of £12 from mt gift box :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I do have a medium all hours, it fits him but comes up so high I dont have a wrap or wool to cover it :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 am

Size 2 little lamb wraps fit fab over a medium little gumnut :wink: There is usually some on classifieds, tho they are pretty cheep new as well and if you get it new they have coloured wraps now rather than just plain white

Next

Return to Night Nappies