Inserts for night nappies

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Inserts for night nappies

Postby MaryMoon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Everyone,

William wets heavily at night and has been waking for a nappy change. Can't really boost his nappy anymore as his bottom would be way above the cot! Anyway, have decided to order some weenotions side snap night nappies but it gives me a choice of the insert bits.

What is best? I have no idea so any info much apreciated. :babyrolleyes:

Thank you :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Inserts for night nappies

Postby tanya » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 am

I have ordered a NN side snap. My insert is going to be bamboo for the large square and hemp for the popper in bit.

It needs to have bamboo as part of the insert as it needs something to soak up the wee quickly. Hemp takes a while to soak it up but absorbs a lot.

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks Tanya. I have ordered 3 with bamboo for the large bit, hemp for the popper bit and the inside as bamboo. Hope I have done ok with that. Was nearly tempted to buy some of the lovely wraps but I do have plenty of ME ones that are barely used.

For tonight I am trying him a Funky Nappy (massive pocket) with a microfibre triple layer Blueberry insert, a microfibre BG insert (doubled at the end where he wees) and a hemp booster thing. See how that goes.

Victoria

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:50 pm

I have 2 night notions, both have a bamboo outer, bamboo insert with a hemp booster. Never ever failed me and never ever needed extra boosting, even on a toddlers who wees rivers.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:04 am

All of ours are the same too, that combo really suits dd.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm

MaryMoon wrote:For tonight I am trying him a Funky Nappy (massive pocket) with a microfibre triple layer Blueberry insert, a microfibre BG insert (doubled at the end where he wees) and a hemp booster thing. See how that goes.
Victoria

How did it go?
I just ask, as if we put that much microfibre in at night we would be wet. We have found that many layers of hemp with one microfibre booster on top is much better than 1 hemp and much microfibre.
Hope the night notions work well for you. We use a bamboo night notions with bamboo for the large square and hemp for the popper in bit. We also add a hemp easy peasy booster in there as well, and it is all sodden by morning.

My avatar
MaryMoon
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby MaryMoon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Rae wrote:How did it go?
I just ask, as if we put that much microfibre in at night we would be wet. We have found that many layers of hemp with one microfibre booster on top is much better than 1 hemp and much microfibre.
Hope the night notions work well for you. We use a bamboo night notions with bamboo for the large square and hemp for the popper in bit. We also add a hemp easy peasy booster in there as well, and it is all sodden by morning.

It was rubbish. I suppose I am still on the learning curve. I have three hemp booster bits so will try that tonight and see how we get on. Will be much less bulky as well.

thanks

Return to Night Nappies