hf1

What is more absorbent than a WNN?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

What is more absorbent than a WNN?

Postby justme123 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 am

Isabel has suddenly turned into a very heavy wetter :-? From nappies being almost dry a few weeks ago, she woke up this morning with her fully boosted WNNN absolutely dripping. Thanks to the wonder of wool it didn't leak, but it was very wet all over. As this is the only real night nappy I have I'm now a little stumped. What should I try now?!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What is more absorbent than a WNN?

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 am

Max was a very HW at night and the we used LLS super-heavy-wetters and HL Bedbug+. You could also try Ems at Little Gumnut as she can adapt the absorbency of the nappy to suit your LO. The only downside is that SHW nappies can be quite pricey so maybe check out the classifieds before splurging on a new/custom one :D

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:07 am

I'd definitely recommend the holdens landing bed bug plus. (the 'plus' version has a 3rd booster about the size of a breast pad to add to the wet zone)
Eleanor is a very heavy wetter and these work perfectly overnight.

We've also got one LLS Heavy wetter night nappy : they are deceptively slim, but absorb just as well as the HL!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Could you not just stuff the pocket more? I put another 2 hemp boosters in and 1 bamboo. (if I'm totally un-organised I sometimes just shove a bambino mio prefold in on top of the hemp.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:05 pm

KimmyM wrote:Could you not just stuff the pocket more? I put another 2 hemp boosters in and 1 bamboo. (if I'm totally un-organised I sometimes just shove a bambino mio prefold in on top of the hemp.

Hmm - it already has a double bamboo booster in the pocket and a triple bamboo one on top - I'm not sure I could fit much more in. I do have plenty of inserts / boosters though - I could probably find something to work. The other day I used a LL boosted with a blueberry insert - that was soaked through :-? I have some bumbles somewhere - they are good to stuff too. Maybe I could get some L nappies - then there would be more room to stuff :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Wild Child Dreamy plus NN is another work-horse HWNN. :wink:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:27 pm

justme123 wrote:
KimmyM wrote:Could you not just stuff the pocket more? I put another 2 hemp boosters in and 1 bamboo. (if I'm totally un-organised I sometimes just shove a bambino mio prefold in on top of the hemp.

Hmm - it already has a double bamboo booster in the pocket and a triple bamboo one on top - I'm not sure I could fit much more in. I do have plenty of inserts / boosters though - I could probably find something to work. The other day I used a LL boosted with a blueberry insert - that was soaked through :-? I have some bumbles somewhere - they are good to stuff too. Maybe I could get some L nappies - then there would be more room to stuff :giggle:

Mine have a double hemp in the pocket and a triple bamboo on top and I have quite a bit of room.
What size have you got? Both my 5 month old & 2 years old are in the large sink can extra stuff I found the medium a bit snug in the pocket.
Other than that I have heard fab things about little gumnuts.
So if boosting doesn't work enjoy shopping :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm

My DD went into large WNNN at 6 months, and is still wearing them at 2 :-) the larges have more absorbency in the first place being bigger, plus more room for stuffing. I also use Little Gumnuts and HL Bedbugs and Bedbug plus. Can't say there's much between them absorbency wise, but they all work well for us

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Little Gumnut and LLS are the only ones that worked for us!

Next

Return to Night Nappies