Index ‹ Talk ‹ mama2boyz's Talk

mama2boyz's TALK Introducing One For You, One For Me!

Page 1 of 21 2

Introducing One For You, One For Me!

Postby mama2boyz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:30 pm
Hi!

I'm Mia and I'm taking the plunge and starting my WAHM venture: One For You, One For Me, handmade clothes and accessories made by me.

I love to create, I love that magic moment when fabric stops being fabric and turns into something that will adorn, warm, protect. I genuinely feel a sense of grieving if a day goes by without me having spent time making something beautiful.

The items I sell all have had previous versions made for my own family - every pattern is therefore pre-tested! Hence one for you, and one for me!

As a child I watched my grandmother knit ferociously, my mother sew and knit obsessively and my sister create relentlessly. I can remember being mesmerised by grandma's needles dancing with the yarn!

I choose to work with natural fibres whenever possible as I simply don't enjoy the feel of man made materials very much. Trims such as ribbons, buttons etc are very scarce over here so for those I have to grit my teeth and take what comes! :wink:

I'd also be delighted to take custom orders - the ethos of One For You, One For Me is all about community and relationships.

Here are some examples of my creations:

Special occasion dress (Farbenmix Feliz pattern - permitted to be sold in small numbers):

Embellished interlock longies (Farbenmix Dortje pattern - permitted to be sold in small numbers):

Pillowcase dress:

TDK Undies, I love these!! So comfy for the kids and provide full coverage where it matters :giggle:

Some dolls and dolls' clothes, (please note these are not toys, only ornaments):

Thank you for looking!

Mia
My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Introducing One For You, One For Me!

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 pm
wow! interested in dolls and dolls clothing especially and oh my that first dress :mrgreen: Are you only doing customs?
My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby mama2boyz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 pm
Thanks.

I'll be offering a combination of customs and non-customs.

I'm always happy to discuss ideas!
My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:44 am
what a lovely first post :love:

welcome and good luck! love the dress
My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:54 am
could you give some examples of prices for age 3 dresses, dolls and dolls clothes x
My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby mama2boyz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:42 am
The dolls are 12-14in high, made from pure wool stuffing, wool/alpaca hair, cotton jersey bodies and are £45 each. They are made entirely by hand except for the body pocket and take about a week to make. I have golden, brown and auburn hair available at the moment and peach or ethnic (medium brown) skintones. The dolls are sold clothed in a choice of top+trousers/skirt/dress. Please remember these are ornaments - they cannot be sold as toys as they haven't got CE safety labels on them.

Doll clothes are £6 each. At the moment I can offer shirred strappy dresses, tiered/non-tiered skirts, peasant tops and trousers/pantaloons. I have a variety of fabrics I will upload pictures of later.

Girls' dresses. Fancy ones, like the first one in my post, would be £25.
Simpler dresses, ie pillowcase ones or Olivias would be £12- £15 each depending on the styles and fabrics.

I'm going to post some Wonders for sale this evening. I'll also post some available fabrics and release some custom slots.

Thanks for asking :D
My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 pm
trying to save up for a doll for Izzy's room :wink:
My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby shoogah01 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:13 pm
OMG!!!! That feliz is lovely! I think I need one just like that for Aimie :love:
My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mama2boyz » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:10 pm
Happy New Year!!!

and to start the year I have a lovely drop waist skirt available for immediate despatch!

Close up of front detail:

Please see my wonders for my details.

:D
My avatar
mama2boyz
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Show last: Sort by: Next
Pinterest
email
Twitter
Page 1 of 21 2

Actions