hf1

How much do you pay yourself?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: How much do you pay yourself?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Thanks everyone for your input.

I'm considering making up a few podaegis to sell (I've been asked to make one already for someone in the US) and I'm trying to figure out how to price them.

I was thinking of putting the price at between 75-90 euro (£60-£70) depending on how long it takes me to actually make them up. That price would be for a narrow blanket pod, with hood and toy loop. Does that sound excessive? I really have no idea. :?

Not at all - especially if they're as beautiful as the one you posted a pic of before!

If you're unsure though I would have a look at other websites selling similar products and go from there... Or is that what you've done already? :)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Yeah I've had a bit of a look around, the biggest name in pods seems to be Zidee, and they sell for around the same price. But I feel a bit cheeky (probably stupid I know) charging the same as such a well known (in the BW world) and established brand.

Really I was pricing to cover costs plus a little bit so that it's worth my while doing it in the first place.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 am

I know the lady who makes the Zidee, she lives in Stockport and she hasn't really been making them that long - only a couple of years, so I don't think there is anything wrong with comparing your products to hers iyswim. £60-70 seems OK to me.

Previous

Return to Wahm grapevine