hf1

What WAHM businesses have you tried?

My avatar
Bee's Knees
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What WAHM businesses have you tried?

Postby Bee's Knees » Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am

I'd love to hear you ladies who are successful WAHM, what kinds of businesses you've done before your current endeavor? :widesmile:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What WAHM businesses have you tried?

Postby ladybird » Sun May 13, 2012 6:07 am

I was a Lollipop nappy advisor before felting and knitting. Before that I was a SAHM and before that I worked outside the house.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun May 13, 2012 6:43 am

I set up a not for profit dance company 8 years ago I used to run it full time. Its still going strong very sucessful. We work with about 100 children a time and train up people in coaching who then go onto teach either with us or set up own classes. They do community work and then big events like paralympic games. We also do 3 or 4 competitions a year won the nationals this year and so have been invited to italy to represent uk at europeans! It's exceeded all expectations in terms of improving lives of many young people, never made me any money though. Lol

My avatar
AmandyK
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AmandyK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:15 pm

I never really "tried" anything different. I was a photographer long before I was a Mum, and I never stopped taking pictures. There came a day where we were realizing we could use extra money and I was a SAHM so it just made sense to turn my life-long passion into a career. I was lucky enough to find business early on and get good recommendations. My biggest piece of advice is to put together a strong portfolio and then just really network the heck out of yourself. Obviously the whole social media thing is huge, but it didn't start to bring me in a lot of business until I had already established myself. I have to say early on having professional grade business cards was the best way to get my foot in the door. I made custom business cards with my pictures on them with all my contact info and I got a lot of call backs that way. In the end you'll have to figure out what works for you and your business, but that's my .02 and what worked out for me, HTH good luck! :D

Return to Wahm grapevine