hf1

Out of the loop

My avatar
ElaineZ SA
Clothie
Clothie

Out of the loop

Postby ElaineZ SA » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 am

I have been registered here, but havent been active since 2011. Had to register again, forgot my username and password and my e-mail changed.

I am from South Africa.
I have a lot of friends who have been asking me if I would make them nappies.
Now I want to find out. What is in and what is new?
Where can I buy fabric, online shop that will ship to South Africa. Best prices.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Out of the loop

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 am

Hi Elaine, nice to have you around again. I'll send you a private message about your login etc.

I'm glad you have friends who are interested in using cloth nappies, that's great news.

I think that the same things are 'in', in that there will be personal preferences between fitted nappies, pockets and all-in-ones. There are more absorbant fabrics available now, like zorb, that seem to be handy in making nappies less bulky.

I'm not sure about sites for purchasing fabric myself, but there might be others who can - @Bernadette @gilbertandmartha @MissFrodo @clothmama @doccmaggoo

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Out of the loop

Postby Bernadette » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:17 am

Hi there

The places I used to use in the UK no longer exist. It has been awhile since we used nappies now.

I would suggest looking at sites in America as it would be far cheaper even with postage. I am now home in Australia and get fabric shipped from the US quite often.

For pattern's I always used Rocket Bottoms.

Return to Wahm grapevine