Plea to all WAHMs

My avatar
HarryBoBumsMum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Plea to all WAHMs

Postby HarryBoBumsMum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:53 am

Hi there wonderful WAHMs...

I've come over here to ask if there are any of you that might be able to help me.

MY DS is soon to have an operation to fix his sever Hypospadias :cry: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Hypospadias.htm (3rd pic) and we have recently seen the consultant with regards to the procedure and have now got the information about after care.

He will need a catheter for at least a week...which should hopefully be without a bag, but it will require what they call the 'double nappy technique' which would usually mean that we would have to use sposies :cry: . Part of the descripion/procedure of this method mentions that the first nappy would be to protect the wound and new urethra from the passing urine...and would need a hole cut into it for the tip of the catheter to be passed through into the second nappy, which would be to collect the dripping urine.

My question is....to those of you that make lovely PUL lined nappies....would there be anyway at all for you to perhaps make something similar to your usual pockets...but without the 'pocket', with the hole needed and lined with a soft and natural fabric? I would hate to have to put Harry in sposies :cry: , when the main reason I put him in cloth was because I had hoped it would be better for him after his op! Obvioulsy I know you are not charities and your nappy making skills are your way of earning a living...but I am so brassick I won't be able to afford much :oops: Maybe this would be a service to think about as Hypospadias is slowly becoming more common (1 in every 300 male births) and I'm sure there will be other mummies like me that would much prefer to keep their little boys in cloth for as long as they can during the healing/post op' process.

He is due to be admitted on August 26th...with the pre op on the 18th....short notice I know, but I am really hoping some of you out there would be able to help Harry and I. I'm desperate to keep his lovely bum fluffy and free from chemicals.

I have the full instructions to the double nappy technique, with details on how big, and where to cut the hole etc....so if any of you feel you could help us, please ask and I will type them all out and send them to you over PM.

I would be so very grateful it is untrue....and who knows....the consultant and nurses might be that impressed, that they ask for the WAHMs details! :wink:

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks for reading.

Rachel and Harry

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Plea to all WAHMs

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 am

Sounds like a great idea, I hope someone can help you :D and I hope the op goes well

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

oohh, what about the mysterious wrap with a hole in that someone had (can't remember now who it was), would that work for this??

jan x

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:59 pm

hiya, I've pm'ed you :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Good luck with the op.

Just a quick idea, would something like a prefold or bamboo square be able to be adapted into the first nappy with a hole in, then perhaps some of your normal fluff on the top? It shouldn't be too difficult to zig zag round a hole to stop it fraying. Perhaps post a wanted add for free for postage prefolds?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 am

AnnetteandBen wrote:Good luck with the op.

Just a quick idea, would something like a prefold or bamboo square be able to be adapted into the first nappy with a hole in, then perhaps some of your normal fluff on the top? It shouldn't be too difficult to zig zag round a hole to stop it fraying. Perhaps post a wanted add for free for postage prefolds?

I think the idea is it needs to be waterproof to stop the wee touching the skin, I think

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:53 am

JanX wrote:oohh, what about the mysterious wrap with a hole in that someone had (can't remember now who it was), would that work for this??

jan x

It was me! I am happy to give it away for free, but no idea if it would be any good? Can't really picture what is needed here!

PM me if you want it! The thread discribing it is in the wrap section. I posted on it yesterday or the day before :)

Good Luck :hug:

Return to Wahm grapevine