New Here and ISO advice re embroidery machines

My avatar
dummy-mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

New Here and ISO advice re embroidery machines

Postby dummy-mummy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Hello everybody!

Am new here, I make dummy clips and sell some other bits and pieces. I will soon be stocking nappies which is why I'm here to try and get up to speed since I must confess I never used cloth nappies. If I knew then what I know now!

Anyhoo, I am going to make a bigger version of my dummy clips as a toy strap for clipping to buggys or wherever really and thought I might personalise them with a name. I do not sew, but intend to at least teach myself to use an embroidery machine to embroider names on the ribbons. Does anyone have a recommendation for an easy machine that does not cost £1000?!

Many thanks in advance!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: New Here and ISO advice re embroidery machines

Postby ems » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm not sure of any machines out there under that price that will have an alphabet on, I'd look on ebay for a used one. Most modern machines have alphabets, I have a pfaff thats 20 yrs old that does 4 alphabet styles, and a modern Bernina that has it on, neither are embroidery machines, I'd look for a sewing machine with the function rather than a specific embroidery machine that might not meet a break even point incredibly fast.

My avatar
dummy-mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: New Here and ISO advice re embroidery machines

Postby dummy-mummy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks Ems,

I have decided to put it on the back burner for now. I think I am trying to go in too many directions at once and am getting dizzy! I am going to slow down a bit and concentrate on some other less expensive avenues for now.

Return to Wahm grapevine