hf1

does anyone knit footies longies?

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby wytch » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 am

i was wondering as my DD alway has cold toes.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 pm

i dont know, but you could always have some wool socks made? scrunchkins has some slots available (I think!)

My avatar
Lyns_Bubbas
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby Lyns_Bubbas » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:57 pm

wytch wrote:i was wondering as my DD alway has cold toes.


I have a pattern I could try.

Lynsx

My avatar
luckysprog
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby luckysprog » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Any updates on this one? the sprog has the same problem, but she usually goes to bed in longies and a top. I also find if I leave her socks on she wont go to sleep because she is too busy taking her socks off...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby Louise » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Nikkis Knitting has just started making them, so does Knitterarty. :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby Allie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:14 pm

luckysprog wrote:Any updates on this one? the sprog has the same problem, but she usually goes to bed in longies and a top. I also find if I leave her socks on she wont go to sleep because she is too busy taking her socks off...


I could always adapt my pattern to include a very short cord to tie the socks on :D

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:23 pm

scrunchkins wrote:
luckysprog wrote:Any updates on this one? the sprog has the same problem, but she usually goes to bed in longies and a top. I also find if I leave her socks on she wont go to sleep because she is too busy taking her socks off...


I could always adapt my pattern to include a very short cord to tie the socks on :D


The ties are a good idea - I was thinking booties or socks might be a better option as little feet grow so quickly and if you have footed longies you could find the feet too small after a couple of months :-?

My avatar
Lyns_Bubbas
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby Lyns_Bubbas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I thought that the feet would be a problem as in their feet would grow faster than they'd grow out of the longies - but the pattern I've used has very stretchy feet. I tried them on my 3 year old and they fit fine (although stretched the wool) and the same on my 18 month (without stretch). They are stretchy enough not to restrict the toes any more than a pair of socks would.

I'm really pleased with mine - I've been using a pair with Oscar and they keep him really warm at night.

HTH
Lynsx

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: does anyone knit footies longies?

Postby buzzybee21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:22 am

I get mine from Woollybottoms in the US (www.woollybottoms.com). She also stocks on Hyena cart. They are interlock with feet, not knitted though. They are also gorgeous!


Return to Wahm grapevine