hf1

newborn and small nappies

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

newborn and small nappies

Postby clairelana » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:24 am

I wasn't using cloth on the girls when they were small. I only knew about prefolds and terry squares :oops: :giggle:

I'm wondering if I should do a newborn pattern as well as my small or if I should offer the option of a snap down front for the umbilical cord on the small nappy?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: newborn and small nappies

Postby clarge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 am

I would personally think that small nappies even with a snap down would probably swamp a newborn.... gaping legs etc, may be worth looking into the newborn one.... I would definitely be happy to test it come april :-)

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:40 am

Oh a tinny nappy I need a baby to test.
All broody now :hohoho:

I'm hopeing to have all my testing done well before April but If I haven't I will let you know. :wink:

Anyone due January/February?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 am

LOL thanks, worth the punt though huh? :-)

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 am

lol

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 am

I beg to differ, my smalls fitted a brand new 7lb2oz baby, and still fitted Summer at 15lb, it depends on what your small is like, elastic is your friend!

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 am

That is true... I can only go by looking at the moment as used sposies on dylan until 12 months. The newborn ones look so teeny and the size ones look huge in comparison.... Would be great if they do fit longer though as would save having to buy more!

The HC newborn ones i have, the obv SS type, look much bigger in NB size with a snap down front, than say the SB NB and the kissaluvs etc.....

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:55 am

clarge wrote:That is true... I can only go by looking at the moment as used sposies on dylan until 12 months. The newborn ones look so teeny and the size ones look huge in comparison.... Would be great if they do fit longer though as would save having to buy more!

The HC newborn ones i have, the obv SS type, look much bigger in NB size with a snap down front, than say the SB NB and the kissaluvs etc.....

But SBOV NB are sooo tiny, they do look lovely and fit beautifully on a tiny one but won't last more than a couple of weeks!

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Yeh i had heard that... i think i have 4, but they are all preloved so i dont mind. should be able to sell most on pretty quick i think. I do have some lush NB nappies though, all preloved too. Amazing what you can get! :-)

Next

Return to Wahm grapevine