hf1

Dungarees

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Dungarees

Postby jules070603 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Does anyone make them or thinking about making them?

Just something simple with poppers up the legs?

I bought 2 dungaree sets from Mothercare and they are just rubbish even over a pocket :evil: Imogen isn't even 9 months yet and the 9-12 months ones I bought are so tight its ridiculous and I love dungers :evil:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dungarees

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm

we have the same problem its so annoying! the 9-12mnths are also really tight and pop open!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:36 pm

I have a dungaree pattern I want to introduce later in the Spring hopefully.

We got the most amazing set of minkee dungarees from margaret at Weenotions in 2008 for Ella's Christmas, ever since then I've wanted to make some. I think they are fairly time intensive to work on though.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm

beffys wrote:I have a dungaree pattern I want to introduce later in the Spring hopefully.

We got the most amazing set of minkee dungarees from margaret at Weenotions in 2008 for Ella's Christmas, ever since then I've wanted to make some. I think they are fairly time intensive to work on though.

Ooooh, will look out for them :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:38 pm

beffys wrote:I have a dungaree pattern I want to introduce later in the Spring hopefully.

:wine: . I loved my minkee WeeNotions dungarees. I was :cry: when Katie outgrew them. Such a shame they're not making them anymore.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Can you not introduce them before then? ;) :giggle:

Minkee is a bu99er to work with apparently though - very slippery...
I still dream of a baby pink cuddlesoft or baby pink dotty minkee pair with bluebird embroidery on the pocket :cry:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:

Can you not introduce them before then? ;) :giggle:

Minkee is a bu99er to work with apparently though - very slippery...
I still dream of a baby pink cuddlesoft or baby pink dotty minkee pair with bluebird embroidery on the pocket :cry:

WSS (and Steph - not specific at all :giggle: )

Oh, and they don't need to be minkee at all, anything nice that fits over a big bum :D

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Louise wrote:

:wine: . I loved my minkee WeeNotions dungarees. I was :cry: when Katie outgrew them. Such a shame they're not making them anymore.

Ella's fitted her for SO long as well, probably 9 or 10 months. I ended up squeezing her into them by the time we packed them away. I want to have another girl just in aid of the WNs dungarees, lol. I can't sell them on as they were completely custom with the embroidery colours and everything so don't want to part with them.

ImageImage

I think Ella wants BV dungarees though and I have a snap press being unloved. Just need some time on my hands to look at the patterns properly sometime.

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi there,
I'm quite new here but just wanted to say that I love dungarees and was struggling to get them long enough in the body for DS (19 mths) as he's quite tall for his age and the cloth bum makes it even harder to fit. I tried M&S and Mothercare and they were rubbish but I got a lovely pair from JoJo Maman Bebe in 18-24mths size and they are plenty big so maybe worth giving them a try.

Next

Return to Wahm grapevine