hf1

Sorted thanks!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Sorted thanks!

Postby happytails » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:04 pm

1) i have a soaker that no longer fits DD (in a colourway called Amber, so is a keeper). I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to unpick it for me so i can have something else made out of it. Its Aran weight and there is just shy of 100g of it.

2) What can i get knitted with less that 100g of pure wool? a hat maybe? any other ideas?

3) Is anyone able to make a knitted soaker with a ruffled/frilled bum? As i would really like to get one made for Amber soon :mrgreen:

Thank you ladies :hug:

Sarah x
Last edited by happytails on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: 3 questions to woolly wahms please

Postby nappynutter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:10 pm

You can frog it yourself, it's easy. :wink:

How about using it with some other yarn to make scrappies (longies, shorties, soaker etc.) and a hat?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 pm

how about leg warmers to wear with a different soaker. or see if you can get something dyed to match?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm

happytails wrote:1) i have a soaker that no longer fits DD (in a colourway called Amber, so is a keeper). I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to unpick it for me so i can have something else made out of it. Its Aran weight and there is just shy of 100g of it.

2) What can i get knitted with less that 100g of pure wool? a hat maybe? any other ideas?

3) Is anyone able to make a knitted soaker with a ruffled/frilled bum? As i would really like to get one made for Amber soon :mrgreen:

Sarah x

1 ) I'd be happy to - just bear in mind that if it has felted at all it might not be possible to unpick it, or the wool might not be able to be re-knitted nicely

2) If you want something tokeep, then maybe a bag or a toy?

3) yes I can ;)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 pm

babyroo wrote:
happytails wrote:1) i have a soaker that no longer fits DD (in a colourway called Amber, so is a keeper). I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to unpick it for me so i can have something else made out of it. Its Aran weight and there is just shy of 100g of it.

Sarah x

1 ) I'd be happy to - just bear in mind that if it has felted at all it might not be possible to unpick it, or the wool might not be able to be re-knitted nicely

2) If you want something tokeep, then maybe a bag or a toy?

3) yes I can ;)

PM'd you Ali x

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 pm

happytails wrote: Is anyone able to make a knitted soaker with a ruffled/frilled bum? As i would really like to get one made for Amber soon :mrgreen:

Sarah x

I could do this for you, but not in used wool. Have a look at my soaker design here

http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=112&products_id=322 I can easily add a frill to the bum for you.

If you like the design, order in the shop, and put "frill on bum" in the messages box. :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm

mumtokirsty wrote:
happytails wrote: Is anyone able to make a knitted soaker with a ruffled/frilled bum? As i would really like to get one made for Amber soon :mrgreen:

Sarah x

I could do this for you, but not in used wool. Have a look at my soaker design here

http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=112&products_id=322 I can easily add a frill to the bum for you.

If you like the design, order in the shop, and put "frill on bum" in the messages box. :)

Thanks for the offer but i am sorted now :) x

Return to Wahm grapevine