hf1

Night Nappies for Older Children?

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Night Nappies for Older Children?

Postby mythreelittlemice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Does anyone make a night nappy for older children? My daughter is 6 and is getting terrible rashes from wearing disposable pyjama pants type things. I have obviously tried making nappies for her and we have got nowhere with pocket nappies and now I am running out of fabrics to make anything else :giggle:

I don't want to put her in anything too babyish or obviously nappy-like as she is already conscious of the fact that her younger brother and sister don't wear nappies.

Can anyone help at all please?

Thanks,
Fi x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Night Nappies for Older Children?

Postby ladybird » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02 pm

My 6yr old is in cloth at night. We've got Holden's Landing toddler bedbugs that he can *just* squeeze into along with some others he's fast growing out of (he's almost 7, is fairly long in the rise and skinny). We've just received a custom made Luscious Little Something and a Puddlekins. I would hazard a guess that Hollow Oak and Jimmy Riddles may well take on custom orders for sizing if they have the time.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm

We get a better fit from a large fluff&stuff heavy wetter and I think it might have a bigger rise than toddler bedbugs which I sold a while ago as they just didn't fit right... Although I do add a little boosting between nappy and soaker...

Puddlekins will make you a custom size nappy (custom absorbency too)...

I know Isabelle is only 4 but she's tall ;)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Motherease bedwetter pants though boring are supposed to fit quite large too...

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I used to have an ME Bedwetter but it was kind of awkward to add inserts to and took a good couple of days to dry lol!

I don't know much about Holden's Landing but I would be more looking at a plain no fuss sort of nappy but I'm sure they do those too.

I do love the LLS nappies (and not just because my friend makes them :giggle: ). I will have a word with Beth about the sizing as my daughter is quite dinky for her age but I'm sure would be bigger than the standard large size.

Thanks for your help :D

Fi x

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:29 pm

It's probably possible to make a sort of hybrid that's cross nappy, cross training pants if you see what I mean, so something in between. More like training pants, but with more absorbency.

My avatar
mythreelittlemice
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mythreelittlemice » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Yes that's exactly what I mean lol! I will try to get some measurements from her tonight to get an idea of size. I'll let you know when I reply to the email you sent me earlier :D

Fi x

Return to Wahm grapevine