My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby ladybird » Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm

princessliana wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:
Scotia wrote::giggle: I actually like the supermarkets best for boys t-shirts. Asda usually have some nice ones. I'm looking for a plain purple t-shirt for Kerr and I can't find one anywhere - maybe I should be looking on the girls racks :hohoho:

I can't find plain tees anywhere... I want cheapish ones to applique and paint myself.

H and M :wink:

And if you can't find one there then there are some Fruit of the Loom t-shirts on ebay that have come recommended to me. Ocean loves purple and finding purple without anything floral or frilly isn't always easy!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu May 06, 2010 12:44 pm

ladybird wrote:And if you can't find one there then there are some Fruit of the Loom t-shirts on ebay that have come recommended to me. Ocean loves purple and finding purple without anything floral or frilly isn't always easy!

Ooh yes I forgot about them! Ideally I'm after a kind of heather colour and I'm sure FOTL does that colour. Thanks :wine:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

I find most of the fun is booking a slot and deciding what fabric to have and what design to have made. Zach will look through fabrics now too and tell me if he likes something.

I have one slot already booked for winter clothing and will probably look at getting a few things organised once we get into August.

Order a slot, start a list of what you fancy and then once its being made, get all excited waiting for emails and pictures from the WAHM.

I think you might need to find a bit of patience when it comes to WAHM clothing TBH :giggle: . Most of it is custom made, WAHMs aren't wanting to make stockpiles of items to have no one buy it as they want something slightly different and I can completely understand that :) Plus if its custom its to your measurements and you can ensure that its big enough to last for longer 8-)

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Thu May 06, 2010 4:51 pm

You know I've always been of the impression that boy wahm clothing is more readily available than girls stuff :wink: Looking at custom pages I see lots of fabric suitable for boys :)

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum does some great t-shirt and fleece sets in both long/trousers and shorts/t-shirts. She's in the States but pretty quick turnaround.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 pm

freckle wrote:Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum does some great t-shirt and fleece sets in both long/trousers and shorts/t-shirts. She's in the States but pretty quick turnaround.

WSS. We love TBTB here

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Tue May 11, 2010 8:27 am

I have some instock embroidered boys t-shirts, at craft fairs I have the opposite problem I have less girls stuff and that's what everyone buys lol. Also some bright bots and hooligans clothes that aren't always available over here (but in limited sizes most of it sells fast at the fairs).

Have you had a look at nitnac? www.nitnac.co.uk she does some lovely fleece clothes my son lives in them practically! He had a tantrum the other day cos it was too warm for his pirate fleece top.

I've not bought from rae either but have a wishlist - her hoodies look fab.

I'd second Sally at Honeybees too.

There's some lovely stuff on etsy and folksy from wahm not listed on here.

HTH

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 am

Oooh forgot have a wonderful dinosaur painted t-shirt from a knitterarty collab - might be worth a look at her shop too.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sat May 15, 2010 11:42 am

I do custom knits,and there are plenty of designs for boys there! Admittedly only bottom half though!

http://littlepants.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=127

PreviousNext

Return to Wahm grapevine