hf1

A plea to WAHMs....

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 pm

peachy.moo wrote:Would recommend Rae too, love her boys tops for Kai & Snugglebots does custom BV hoodies/ trousers & Puddlekins does the BV trousers.... :wink:


Thanks, not seen anything that grabs me yet. :(

Have already looked at Snugglebots but I don't fancy BV - which is what most WAHMs seem to use these days.

I find it too pricey for my bank account and would rather buy several less dear tops for the money (I like to have more selection to choose from). :wink:

Think I must be in the minority though as so many people adore BV.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I think BV is a fabric more suited to girls' clothing really...

LLS works with wovens and she has boys clothing styles listed
Puddlekins does puddleyogs in knit prints

Have a search of folksy too :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I think BV is a fabric more suited to girls' clothing really...


I agree...i dont like BV for buys stuff much at all... and although i love it for girls its too pricey for me :oops:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby Louise » Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm

anya1973 wrote:
peachy.moo wrote:Would recommend Rae too, love her boys tops for Kai & Snugglebots does custom BV hoodies/ trousers & Puddlekins does the BV trousers.... :wink:


Thanks, not seen anything that grabs me yet. :(

Have already looked at Snugglebots but I don't fancy BV - which is what most WAHMs seem to use these days.

I find it too pricey for my bank account and would rather buy several less dear tops for the money (I like to have more selection to choose from). :wink:

Think I must be in the minority though as so many people adore BV.


Beth @ LLS makes tees and trousers out of other fabrics.
http://www.lusciouslittlesomethings.com/tops.html

I'd say a high percentage of UK WAHMs work is customs rather than instock so if you see a particular fabric you like you can always ask a WAHM if they can get hold of any. Hannah @ Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies makes lovely embroidered cotton hoodies and other tops too.

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Hannahspanner

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby babyroo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 pm

anya1973 wrote:Where are all these shops then? I have never seen them or their sites. I admit I am crap at searching though. :roll: :lol:

We don't 'do' woollies, he's in pockets all the time and I'm not keen anyway.

Helen xx


If you have a good look through the WAHM Wonders section then there are lots of WAHMs who do boys as well as girls clothing - and most WAHMs are happy to work with you to make whatever it is you are after, you might just need to ask them!

There is also a list of WAHMs here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11547

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I think BV is a fabric more suited to girls' clothing really...

LLS works with wovens and she has boys clothing styles listed
Puddlekins does puddleyogs in knit prints

Have a search of folksy too :)


You've hit the nail on the head. It's very drapey isn't it? I'll have another look - forgot about Folksy......off to see what is on there. Thanks

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 pm

megansmummy wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:I think BV is a fabric more suited to girls' clothing really...


I agree...i dont like BV for buys stuff much at all... and although i love it for girls its too pricey for me :oops:


Hey! Don't feel embarrassed. I think it is very pricey too. I've got three kids to clothe so can't spend oodles just on one item when I can find several for the same price. I do appreciate WAHMs should charge a fair price but BV just seems so much more than other fabrics. I've found some great WAHMs on ebay who are well-priced but without selling themselves short. I just fancied spending some money with WAHMs on here too. :lol:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Louise wrote:
anya1973 wrote:
peachy.moo wrote:Would recommend Rae too, love her boys tops for Kai & Snugglebots does custom BV hoodies/ trousers & Puddlekins does the BV trousers.... :wink:


Thanks, not seen anything that grabs me yet. :(

Have already looked at Snugglebots but I don't fancy BV - which is what most WAHMs seem to use these days.

I find it too pricey for my bank account and would rather buy several less dear tops for the money (I like to have more selection to choose from). :wink:

Think I must be in the minority though as so many people adore BV.


Beth @ LLS makes tees and trousers out of other fabrics.
http://www.lusciouslittlesomethings.com/tops.html

I'd say a high percentage of UK WAHMs work is customs rather than instock so if you see a particular fabric you like you can always ask a WAHM if they can get hold of any. Hannah @ Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies makes lovely embroidered cotton hoodies and other tops too.

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Hannahspanner


I'm too impatient for customs though. :oops: I wouldn't want to be waiting weeks and weeks for something. Will check out BB&B though. Am I right in thinking most Folksy stuff is instock?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: A plea to WAHMs....

Postby nappynutter » Wed May 05, 2010 8:54 pm

ladybird wrote:I do agree, my boys are pretty much solely dressed in WAHM creations though. I just have to look further afield. There are some gorgeous boys items around though and it doesn't hurt to message WAHMs to ask for customs, the worst they can say is no after all ;)
Beetles Bugs and Butterflies
Moonbeans Kids
Jimmy Riddles
The Hollow Oak
Puddlepants
Rafferty Grey
and of course all of the knitters.
And that's just those I can think of within UK.


Fab list!

I also love Dunk n Fluff, Holden's Landing, Puddlekins and I have a fabby t-shirt on order from Zulaxia too. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Wahm grapevine