hf1

Woolen blankets

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Woolen blankets

Postby ems101 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Ive been reading how acrylic blankets are not too good for temp regulation. We have a couple of these (celular types from mothercare) and a few old blankets from when I was a baby given to me by my mum (not sure what they are made from). I just wondered if anyone made wool blankets and how much would they cost? Im not into fancy pants things, so the simpler, the better!!

Thanks,

Em x

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Woolen blankets

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:52 pm

I've always used cellular blankets but made sure I bought the cotton ones rather than acrylic. All of ours came from Mothercare back in 1999 for Harmony and have been used again and again.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:54 pm

You could buy a length of wool interlock and hem it. To knit one would take a while and cost a fair bit I'd imagine, it depends how big you want it though. We used cotton cellular blankets when the boys were babies, again from Mothercare. I've made a few felted baby blankets, but can only go so big with them due to space limitations here.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Another one who used the cotton cellular blankets, again from Mothercare - used them for both boys and Evie, and they are still being used now at the MILs and going strong - very easily cared for too, would highly recommend them!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm

we have a couple of cotton blankets too, but they dont seem very cozy - they are moses size too and we need cot bed.

thank you for replying!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Shadow, just had a look at your knitted hoodies!!!! What a talented lady you are, they are gorge!!!

Em x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Thank you :oops: I'm working on another one right now!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 pm

I have cot bed sized cellular cotton blankets. I got them from John Lewis for Kyle 6 years ago and they have been used loads but are still great.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 pm

I made a blanket from superwash wool for my nephew. I wouldn't sell one for less than £50 - £60 for the size I made, which was pretty big. Could probably do slightly cheaper with cheaper wool but would go for the above recommendations unless you are looking for something special and handmade.

Next

Return to Wahm grapevine