hf1

Craft Fair

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Craft Fair

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

I have a stall at Jans craft fair on Saturday and I am starting to get really nervous.

Has anyone got any advice?

My main worry is that we wont sell anything, but have invited some family and friends so hopefully they will buy something if that happens :giggle:

How do you know how much stuff to take with you?

I think I may just be panicking as we have never done one before.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Craft Fair

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 am

I have no advice but :hug: :hug: You going to be fine, everything is fab fab fab!! :wine: :hug:

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Always aim to cover your costs any profit is a bonus and you can't go wrong with that attitude.

I always take loads because it gets shoved under your table anyway and you've got choice of what to display - guaranteed I never have the right size tho! Practice your layouts when you set up so give yourself plenty of time in the morning when you get there. Most importantly wander round everyone's table and keep an eye on whose attracts the most visitors/sales and use some of their tips. One of the best ways to learn is to chat to all the stall holders individually.

Don't forget loads of business cards/promo leaflets and hand them out to anyone who stops by your stall - you never know who might buy in the future.

Enjoy it - they're great fun to do I hope you sell loads :wine:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:08 pm

where is it and wat are you selling? x you'll do fab!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

megansmummy wrote:I have no advice but :hug: :hug: You going to be fine, everything is fab fab fab!! :wine: :hug:

Tory your a star, thanks :D

Thanks Rhiannon. We are going to practice on the dining room table on Friday afternoon. We have business cards and leaflets all ready and hopefully our website will be up and running on Saturday.

:wave: Judith, Its at St Albans Church in Stockport. We have been making wooden Christmas decorations, wooden childrens mobiles, coat hooks and other bits. I am still painting now, hope everything is ready :drama: :giggle:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 pm

some good advice there!

I'm starting to get nervous about Saturday! Still working hard on my advertising and also trying to work on stock so my MIL can have a stall selling my stuff for me :giggle:

Will be nice to have a friend there :hug:

See you on Saturday!

Jan xx

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:46 am

Well up till 1ish painting (much easier without Oscar helping) last night so we are definitely getting there. Still :panic: though :giggle:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am

Sounds fab! Good luck and enjoy :wine:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 am

Need to look up directions but I think we'll be coming :)

Next

Return to Wahm grapevine