hf1

Trousers for my skinny lady?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Trousers for my skinny lady?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 pm

not looking for some right now, but in the new year i will be on the lookout, not got her measurements to hand right this second but she is a tall skinny 10 yr old who i cannot find trousers for that fit on the highstreet. i reeeeallly need some school trousers that might fit, and i need a few pairs of other trousers too. would love some dance pants in some kind of cotton velour maybe but just would love something that fits that might put a little smile on her face. anyone point me in the right direction? we have been right thru the high street and the closest fit wise is gap long and lean, will add measurements when i have them.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Trousers for my skinny lady?

Postby ladybird » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 pm

I have a similar problem with Tallin and have found The Hollow Oak custom trousers to be the best fit. Emma makes fab trousers with a snug yoga waist and of course a custom inseam.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 pm

ah thankyou shadow, will ask emma what her customs list is like, or when it might be open. having a proper mare with her stuff, bought her school trousers in next and they are sucked in to death (adjustable waist thing pulled as far as possible) and it makes the whole top of her trousers bunch up and in her words makes her look retarded! summer we have no issue as i buy age 4-5 for her in skinny jeans etc and they are perfect crops on her. her shorts generally are age 2 hello kitty ones from h and m

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:56 pm

We got Kai bv ones from Puddlekins- we have the same issue with adjustable waistbands, but it's not so bad on a boy!!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:36 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote: bought her school trousers in next and they are sucked in to death (adjustable waist thing pulled as far as possible) and it makes the whole top of her trousers bunch up

this is what Summer looks like in any trousers that are long enough, jeggings and leggings are funny, she gets a really baggy bum.

We just do skirts/dresses and tights most of the time, would she go for a skirt and tights for school?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 pm

we tried skirts for school with tights but she says she gets too cold. she used to wear a pinafore but can't really at 10. might be worth looking into some knee high boot type things though, i hate seeing her so upset over clothing. she has alot of mini boden dresses which look amazing on her, but leggings she hates as she gets picked on for being so skinny :-(

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:05 pm

ladybird wrote:I have a similar problem with Tallin and have found The Hollow Oak custom trousers to be the best fit. Emma makes fab trousers with a snug yoga waist and of course a custom inseam.

Yup, DD4 loves hers too. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:08 pm

PM me her measurments when you get a chance, not promising anything and certainly not before xmas but I have a tonne of OBF that needs to be put to good use

Return to Wahm grapevine