hf1

Project bag and accesories

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Project bag and accesories

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

My mum has asked me think of what I'd like for my birthday, and I'd really like a custom made knitting/sewing set, probably with a project bag, a knitting needle roll/case, a pin cushion/case and a couple of small zip up bags for bits and bobs.

Are any of you clever ladies able to do this (my birthday is not until end of March, so plenty of time)? If so, can you give me an idea of what sort of fabric to get - woven/knitted etc. so I can find some and order it in time.

Thanks x

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Project bag and accesories

Postby choccylisa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm

I make project bags, needle rolls, and could quite probably make the other bits if you want :wink: All you'd need to do is find the fabric you like and I'll order it etc so it comes straight here, all will be included in final price as it's easier. Look on www.fabricrehab.co.uk for fabric ideas :D

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm

I just wanted to say Lisas bags are lovely :) My dh bought me two from her for christmas.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 pm

HighlandMum wrote:I just wanted to say Lisas bags are lovely :) My dh bought me two from her for christmas.

Thanks Jenna :oops: :mrgreen:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks Lisa, I'll have alook on that site. Would woven cotton be the best fabric, like shirt material? Something heavier like drape fabric or could it be pretty much anything?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Any kind of cotton/corduroy/denim is fine, I can work with pretty much anything but wouldn't really suggest jersey/stretch type fabrics :wink: List three or four you like and I can let you know what's best :D

Return to Wahm grapevine