hf1

Cloth dolly

My avatar
emma tully
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth dolly

Postby emma tully » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:12 pm

hi,my mum just made dd a cloth dolly for her first birthday(see pic below),i totally LOVE it as handmade simple things appeal to me sooo much,im one of those mammies whose kids have mostly wooden toys, and no batteries and flashy lights in this toybox thank you very much :hohoho:
anyway, i said to her,hey this is so beautifully made,i bet people would like to buy these,as special gifts or for there children!what im wondering is,do you think people would like to buy them?is there a market for simple innocent dollies these days? i trully love dolly and she has been accepted as part of the family,so im not fishing for compliments here- i genuinly want to know what you think about me and my mum making a few more dollies and offering them for sale,think there will be any interest? also looking for how much you think we should be charging(all depends on costs and time spent obviously,but just looking for a ball park figure).
she is 60cm head to toe,body 20cm across,arms and legs are about 25cm long..so she's quite big,and soooo cuddly!
thanks for your input,im hoping for some honest replies as i dont want to make them for sale if noone thinks they will sell,i will however be making some as gifts for friends and maybee a brother/sister for dolly :giggle:
thanks ladies xxx :hug: emma :hug: xxx
Last edited by emma tully on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth dolly

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Ooo I like her, she's really pretty!
I defo think there would be interest, I have no girls but I have 3 little nieces and another one (don't know the gender yet) on the way :D
How big is she? Would find it hard to give an idea of price without knowing!

My avatar
emma tully
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emma tully » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm

thanks for pointing that out zoeyboo,totally fogot to put down her size :giggle:
ive edited the post to include her measurements! :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

She is lovely. If you are thinking of setting up as a WAHM you will need to do some research, particularly in relation to the regulations regarding making toys. Otherwise you need to quite clearly mark on the dolls that they are not to be used as toys. Here's a link to some guidelines

http://www.clothdollcreations.co.uk/pdf ... Safety.pdf

My avatar
emma tully
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emma tully » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

wow,thanks louise,thats really helpfull,i did think that there would be rules and regulations to making toys for sale,will have a think :D

Return to Wahm grapevine