hf1

Anyone make waterproof aprons?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Anyone make waterproof aprons?

Postby moo54 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Am wanting something that dd and ds can wear for when they are playing at the sand and water table (or playing with the bath water when dp is trying to relax :giggle: ). I'm thinking of a tabard type thing for both of them

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Anyone make waterproof aprons?

Postby Shaunie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 am

I don't know if anyone does the waterproof one's but ABK does cotton one's so she may be able to help? Otherwise I imagine they would be very easy to make up if you know anyone with a sewing machine?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Nope, don't know anyone with a sewing machine :cry:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Well if you're desperate or don't find any online that you like, I could make them up for you free of charge. Have never made one before but they look quite simple. The fabric is the same as the table cloth fabrics which I can pick up at my local market for £3 - 4 per meter so would get 2 out of that :D

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

oooo thanks :hug:

will take you up if it's something you want to start doing and need some practice....otherwise happy to go and pay for them somewhere cos I know us mummies don't have much time.

cc

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 pm

I hadn't actually thought about making them until I read your post and thought about how easy they would be to make - maybe that could be my new business adventure :giggle:

I can have a look to see what patterns they have and am happy to have a go but by no means feel obligated hun - there are lots around on the market :D

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:57 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Noddy-Kids-Plasti ... 33fde892be

This is the sort I want...happy to let you have a go and trial them out for your new business venture :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. I can have a look next week at fabric patterns to see what I can get - anything specific or anything to avoid? :D

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Not that fussy, initial thoughts were something yellow with the alphabet or animals if they are having the same pattern?

Return to Wahm grapevine