hf1

Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby nappynutter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Depends on the midwife. :giggle:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby nappynutter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I am going to tell them at the hospital on Thurs when I go for an app that I want to use them
We get offered home and water births as standard here now!!


You'll be okay. I can pop over and tie yours. :hohoho:

My avatar
mrsspoony
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby mrsspoony » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:35 pm

What a good idea, I'm determined to have a home birth next time and they're gonna hate me for that after a 'failed' home birth this time and a massive PPH. So bring the fight on!!! How much are they?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 pm

nappynutter wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I am going to tell them at the hospital on Thurs when I go for an app that I want to use them
We get offered home and water births as standard here now!!


You'll be okay. I can pop over and tie yours. :hohoho:

Will have you on standby then :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
mummylovesaiden
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby mummylovesaiden » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey Nappynutter, Just found this post through google, can i ask how much is it you daughter? charges for the cord tie?
And how exactly do they work? I take it you just tie it round the cord and knot it a few times? Do you trim the excess? Sorry to sound like a dumbass, but i have only just discovered this and want to know as much as i can before i mention it to my homebirth midwife, and dont want her to think im mad lol
Also how long does it take to arrive? Im not due for a couple of months so no rush - so to speak
I am after a Bluey/Green one (im expecting my DS2) if thats possible?
Sorry for all the questions many thanks
lisa x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby nappynutter » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 am

mummylovesaiden wrote:Hey Nappynutter, Just found this post through google, can i ask how much is it you daughter? charges for the cord tie?
And how exactly do they work? I take it you just tie it round the cord and knot it a few times? Do you trim the excess? Sorry to sound like a dumbass, but i have only just discovered this and want to know as much as i can before i mention it to my homebirth midwife, and dont want her to think im mad lol
Also how long does it take to arrive? Im not due for a couple of months so no rush - so to speak
I am after a Bluey/Green one (im expecting my DS2) if thats possible?
Sorry for all the questions many thanks
lisa x


Hi Lisa

They are £3 + postage for a set of two.

Once the cord has finish pulsing/placenta has been delivered, tie one cord about 2 inches from the baby and another 2 inches further down and cut in between. Use a square/reef knot (left over right and under, right over left and through), not a granny knot.

They don't need to be sterilised, but if you want to (or it makes the midwife happy), put them in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes and then pop them in the freezer in a bag until needed. They tie better when wet too, so using them direct from the freezer works well.

Blue/green is fine and she can make them in a day or so.

Hope that helps. :D

My avatar
mummylovesaiden
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby mummylovesaiden » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Oh wow brilliant - that sounds great, im having a homebirth and luckily the midwife is the same as i had in my first pregnancy and delivered my son so she is quite relaxed with me and open to my sugguestions whearas the other midwifes look at me as if i have 3 heads lol,
I definately would like a set, how would i pay? Via paypal?
Im in London, so if you could tell me the total cost etc and how to pay i would be delighted.
Sorry for my rambling questions before but you explained perfectly and im sure my LO would prefer that than a huge sharp plastic clamp
Just let me know how to pay and i will do so
many thanks lisa x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby nappynutter » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 am

mummylovesaiden wrote:Oh wow brilliant - that sounds great, im having a homebirth and luckily the midwife is the same as i had in my first pregnancy and delivered my son so she is quite relaxed with me and open to my sugguestions whearas the other midwifes look at me as if i have 3 heads lol,
I definately would like a set, how would i pay? Via paypal?
Im in London, so if you could tell me the total cost etc and how to pay i would be delighted.
Sorry for my rambling questions before but you explained perfectly and im sure my LO would prefer that than a huge sharp plastic clamp
Just let me know how to pay and i will do so
many thanks lisa x


I've PM'd you. :D

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Umbilical cord tie needed asap!

Postby Bluebell » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:20 am

Anyone know if the midwife will be happy to use these after a c section?

PreviousNext

Return to Wahm grapevine