hf1

Wanting to knit for others.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Wanting to knit for others.

Postby clarge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 am

What do I need to do? Anything or can I just offer my services? I'm not looking to do it as a business, just enjoy knitting & there's only so much wool 1 boy can wear :)

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Wanting to knit for others.

Postby ems101 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 am

thats so lovely! I offer myself but im sure there are more deserving recipients out there! How about looking at local charities, perhaps special premmie sized items, or knit for family hostels where clothing might be in short supply. Perhaps church groups could put you in touch with someone...

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am

I know the Irish equivalent of SANDS (A Little Lifetime Foundation) run a 'Wrapped In Love' campaign where people knit burial gowns, blankets and memory blankets. I'm sure there are some other charities that do similar.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 am

Cj2011 wrote:I know the Irish equivalent of SANDS (A Little Lifetime Foundation) run a 'Wrapped In Love' campaign where people knit burial gowns, blankets and memory blankets. I'm sure there are some other charities that do similar.

How about 'Lisa's Stars'? They do a similar thing. You can find them on FB.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 am

What they said. I think if you're going to offer knitting services on here then you need to be in line with the other knitty wahms iykwim, it takes ages to knit and you shouldn't really do it for nothing. Have you thought about skills swaps? I'm happy to sew for some yarn to be knitted, I can't knit for toffee :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 am

Why not check out your local neonatal unit at your local hospital.
They are always in need of woollen blankets/ hats/ cardigans - both for the babies themselves but also to sell on for fundraising!
They love the knitted things because it keeps the tiny tiny ones so warm.

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Lol I haven't made myself clear, he he. Not knitting for free, but don't want to set up a home business if you like. Just want to do bits for people, for money or swaps. Didn't know if I had to be registered or anything for tax & all that or if I could just knit? Iygwim. Lol

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 pm

If you're doing it for money then I'm pretty sure you'd need to set up a business ;)

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 pm

ladybird wrote:If you're doing it for money then I'm pretty sure you'd need to set up a business ;)

Does it cost much to do?

Next

Return to Wahm grapevine