hf1

Wool is making me insane

My avatar
satsuma
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Wool is making me insane

Postby satsuma » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 am

Bumping as I've taken some of this advice and we've been using wool for 3 days now, but I have a few questions...

Just to recap, it's a disana wool wrap...I have relanolized it. I used a teaspoonful of solid lanolin melted in hot water, then a squirt of baby soap, mixed till it's milky. Added this to water an let the wrap oak all night. I've been using a bamboozle stretchie an last night I boosted it with a LL bamboo pocket insert trifolded and another thick bamboo insert. Problems...

It's definitely not leaking like it was, but there is a faint damp feeling to the sheet when I get her up (though her wrap feels dry). Is this normal? Should I be boosting even more?

Also, it makes everything smell kind of...sheepy. This is better than the wee smell we had before when it just leaked through, but is there a way to get a wool soaker to smell nice and still be effective?

Thanks!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am

Not sure on the sheets, but you can get scented lanolin that smells scrummy!

My avatar
rachi53
Clothie
Clothie

Postby rachi53 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 pm

I too got some solid lanolin and followed same method but by the time I was ready to try again my ds had outgrown his lovely wrap! Gutted. Incidentally I still have the darker patch, this may be where there's too much lanolin?
Satsuma- i got scented and omg its gorgeous, everytime i open pantry where i keep my wool tub i get a good waft! Think its love spell.
anyway tine to repeat the process with my larger wrap!

My avatar
jliggitt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jliggitt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:56 am

Just as a thought, instead of getting up in the night and changing the sheet, you could just put a towl down ontop of wet patch till the morning. That's what I do, but then I also have a waterproof sheet to protect mattress from any accidents xxx

Previous

Return to Pure Wool