hf1

Crochet ripple blanket. OH NO help - pg 5!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Crochet ripple blanket. OH NO help - pg 5!

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 am

I have been eying up Lucy from Attic 24's ripple blanket ever since I started crocheting!
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat- ... ttern.html

Yesterday I went to a nearby town with a Spotlight and was having a looky at the yarn section and saw some lovely coloured wools on sale for only $2 a ball :love: :crochet:. I've been trying to make a blanket for the sofa all winter and have started a few of them but have either not liked them or realised I didn't have enough wool. So I knew I needed to actually get the wool to make this blanket which is actually the blanket that I have wanted all along!

Oh my goodness the dilemma of making a decision this enormous was a great strain for me :panic: however we were limited by our parking about to run out so I had to decide quickly and am glad I wasn't able to torture myself for too long as I'm thrilled with the colours that I ended up getting :yahoo: J and I had a play this morning and got a colour combo we like :) I've already started the first row too and I'm really looking forward to doing this project, although I understand it will be a long term one that may not be done til next winter :giggle: however it is my first big planned project so that is cool :yahoo: :crochet:

As you may have seen from some of my photos I'm in the process of decorating the house with a very neutral, shabby beachy Frenchy kind of look but I'm hoping this won't clash but just add a little pop of colour. I have a few little things that do that already like a lamp shade that has lots of colour and bright flowers / plants. I kind of like the eclectic thing!

14.09.2013: Work in progress: first colour set completed so 10 colours - 2 rows on each stripe :widesmile:
23.02.2014:
Image[/j][/quote]
20.07.2014: (wow nearly a year on!):

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Crochet ripple blanket.

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 am

Do you think the colour order is ok? you can see my little start on the left :)

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:52 am

I love the order they are great colours

i wish i could crochet

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 am

Oh its beautiful ♥♥

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 am

Looks lovely!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:30 am

Beautiful!

How about switching the last 2 colours around?
Rather than having two blues together and then the hot pink.... Maybe have the hot pink in the middle of the two blues?
Just an idea. @clothmama

Can't wait to see some finished pictures!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 am

docmaggoo wrote:Beautiful!

How about switching the last 2 colours around?
Rather than having two blues together and then the hot pink.... Maybe have the hot pink in the middle of the two blues?
Just an idea. @clothmama

Can't wait to see some finished pictures!

Sorry I meant to say about that for some reason the light is really bad the one that looks like it is making there be 2 blues then the pink is actually a deep turquise kind of colour and the picture has taken really badly, I thought that too when I looked at the photo and checked it IRL and it is fine (phew :giggle: ). I'm not sure if you can see but I've tried to do hues of purple (and that one next to the pink was more blue than it looked in the shop!) as every second colour. Jen I'll try to get a better pic in the morning so you can see what I mean then you can say if you still think it needs switching! It is such a big project to stuff up the colours isn't it :panic: :giggle:

Next question I was going to do repeating pattern of colours but spotted (and remembered I'd read ages ago) that Lucy in her blanket has just used random as she went along. What should I do? I think the random thing would freak me out too much and I'd be worried I'd make a mistake!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:41 am

So I have done my 10 colours so I have to make my decision do I keep going with the same colour stripe pattern repeated or do I just go random like Lucy has done in the original pattern? :panic: I really can't decide and as a result I can't do any more until I've decided! Help me :eek:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Crochet ripple blanket. Question page 1 at end!

Postby sim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:44 am

If it were me I would keep the same repeat but I am a bit OCD :oops:
Lucy's look lovely too, I just couldn't crochet like that!

Next

Return to Pure Wool