hf1

Addi Click or Addi Lace?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Addi Click or Addi Lace?

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:02 am

I'm thinking about getting a set of interchangeable needles. I've decided to go for Addi, rather than Knit Pro ones, for a few reasons (I don't like the pointy tips, I prefer metal needles to wood and I prefer that Addi are made in Germany, whereas Knit Pro are made in India). Thing is, I get a lot of use from my 40cm needles and the Click set doesn't allow that length (I think because the tips are too long). Looking at them, the Addi Lace set has much shorter tips and so includes a 16" cable. But the needles look much pointer than on the standard Turbo needles. So has anyone tried the Lace interchangeables? How do they compare to the Click/Turbo?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Addi Click or Addi Lace?

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 am

I haven't tried them but I am planning on getting the lace set so will hang around to see replies.....

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 am

I've not looked at what is offered in the sets lately, but wouldn't it depend on what size needles you use more often? Aren't the lace needles smaller sizes and the Click larger? I have the Click set and have no problems with it.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 am

I can't help as I only have a fixed lace needle but I will say that some of the lace needles are brass coated so have a funny smell when they come into contact with my skin :( I did read however that Addi were changing the finishing due them tarnishing!
Lace needles are very pointy compared to the turbos

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm

I haven't seen them to compare IRL but I have been talking to a supplier about them who says that the lace are indeed pointier to make knitting with lace easier. They do come in the 40cm length and the standard clicks don't. I don't think the addi lace are as pointy as knit pro though. I guess it depends on whether you want the shorter cable length over the pointier tips. (I personally would get the lace set but I like pointy!)

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I'll post a pic before I go to bed of the lace next to a turbo :D

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:19 am

I keep changing my mind. :x

Frances, I've read that the interchangeable Lace Click tips are now nickel plated, although the regular Lace circulars aren't, so FC there'd be no honky fingers or tarnishing issues. :-?

As for needle sizes, the Click set has 10 tips and the Lace set has 8. The 8 are the same (3.5, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 8.0mm). The Click also includes 9 and 10mm tips. I mainly use the smaller sizes, so that's not an issue for me.

The Click set has three cord sizes (60, 80, 100cms) and the Lace set has those plus 40 and 50cm cords.

So, for me, it really does come down to cord lengths and how pointed the tips are. The Lace set do look much more pointed. Argh. :x

I'm going to have to try and find somewhere local that sells both and give them a try, I s'pose.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 am

I just bought the lace set at the weekend for the same reason... i use a 40cm a lot. They are the same colour needles (nickel plated) as the basic click set but they are a bit more pointy. Not as pointy as the knit pro though. HTH :D

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:10 am

Rebekahs_mum wrote:I just bought the lace set at the weekend for the same reason... i use a 40cm a lot. They are the same colour needles (nickel plated) as the basic click set but they are a bit more pointy. Not as pointy as the knit pro though. HTH :D

Oooo it definitely helps me! :wine: Thank you.

Next

Return to Pure Wool