hf1

Sob I haven't got the needles

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Sob I haven't got the needles

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Pointless post but the most georgous yarn arrived today and I have the pattern I want to use ready but I asked DH to pick up the needles yesterday so yesterday he came home with the next size up (as it was as close as he could find :roll:) today I asked him to try again and he came home without it (it's a circ) as he set the alarm before he realised they were still on his desk. If he comes home tomorrow and they are wrong I'm going to knit his nostrils together.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sob I haven't got the needles

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

:hug: :hug: for you
:whip: :whip: for DH

KimmyM wrote:If he comes home tomorrow and they are wrong I'm going to knit his nostrils together.

... or worse?? LOL!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Just explained to him how much pain I will e remote to inflict I'd he had got it wrong again and guess what he thinks they may be 80cm and not 30cm :x

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:49 pm

oh! bad bad dh. :whip: I always send my dh to my LYS with a note with exactly what I want written on it with the words 'no substitutes' I tell him to give it to the nice lady along with the money and to bring me the change and my goody bag back. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to send Aidan! :doh:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 pm

John Lewis is our closest so I'm thinking that is the problem they just don't stock aside selection (that and DH is compleatly clueless)

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 pm

It would never cross my mind to ask dh to buy something like that for me :shock: I buy nearly all of mine online. I did once go to JL but they didn't have a great selection.

Hope you get the right ones soon :hug:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 pm

:giggle: DH works in our town he gets sent out for all sorts from vests with no poppers to canesten cream (think that was his most awkward) or even a new bra for me the other day. I
I can't wait for on line ordering and hate taking my two to wool shops as DS is very strong willed :lol: and my favourite (and DS') is a boat and a train ride away and them up three flights of stairs.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh no, hope he gets it right today! Have you checked your gauge on the larger needles? They might be okay.

When I broke one of my new fancy wooden needles (the multi-coloured ones, can't remember what they are called) I was upset and DH thought he might surprise me by replacing them...until he went to the shop and realised he had no idea what he was looking for!

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 pm

You should be able to magic loop with an 80cm cable, I learnt from watching tutes on YouTube and knittinghelp.com hth

Next

Return to Pure Wool