My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Pasta recipes

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Frances wrote:Our favourite is:
spaghetti
tomato and onion sauce (chop two onions, gently fry then simmer in 700g of passata)
spinach (defrost 1/2 pack frozen leaf spinach in simmering water, then squeeze all the water out)
a tub of ricotta

We serve it layered in that order :wink:

Frances, sorry to be dim but when you say you layer it in that order...do you mix the spaghetti with the tomato and onion sauce and then layer the spinach and then the ricotta...or do you put plan spag...then the sauce on top...then the spinach and then the ricotta?? :oops: Sounds gorgeous! we adore pasta...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 pm

megansmummy wrote:
spaghetti
tomato and onion sauce (chop two onions, gently fry then simmer in 700g of passata)
spinach (defrost 1/2 pack frozen leaf spinach in simmering water, then squeeze all the water out)
a tub of ricotta

Frances, sorry to be dim but when you say you layer it in that order...do you mix the spaghetti with the tomato and onion sauce and then layer the spinach and then the ricotta...or do you put plan spag...then the sauce on top...then the spinach and then the ricotta?? :oops: Sounds gorgeous! we adore pasta...

I serve the spaghetti plain, then add a layer of sauce, a dollop of spinach, then a dollop of ricotta. Then you can mix it on your plate as you like!

It's honestly the best pasta dish ever :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:05 am

Marvellous thanks hun, its just gone on my meal plan for this week! :hug: sounds so so yummy!! :wine:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am

megansmummy wrote:Marvellous thanks hun, its just gone on my meal plan for this week! :hug: sounds so so yummy!! :wine:

It was scrummy :wine: :wine: :wine:

Evan monster loved it too, i did make a bit to much though...guess what were having for lunch today :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Cheese sauce with tinned tuna is a favourite here, I usually do it with mushrooms but you could add frozen peas for a baby instead, or sweetcorn

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Frances will try your recipe next week ;)

Our top recipe with pasta:

Boil the pasta and broccoli (pieces) together.
Serve them with baked unions and bacon on top and a tomatosalad on the side.
Emi calls this forest pasta ;)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:36 pm

megansmummy wrote:
spaghetti
a tub of ricotta

Sorry to also be dim, but do you chop the spinach up? or blend it or anything? :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Stacy, i bought the frozen spinach and it comes in little balls in the bag...all frozen obviously and i simmerd about 5 of the balls untill they were defrosted and hot and it is kind of all chopped up...its not like it is when you buy it fresh :wink:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Frances we had the pasta version you posted tonight, I liked it thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights