Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:05 pm

@sim What is a tim tam?

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What's your favourite biscuit?

Postby doobykat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 pm

JabberJabber wrote:@sim What is a tim tam?

An Aussie version the the Penguin biscuit, is probably the best way to describe it.
(Do they still make them? Haven't seen them in ages - Penguin biscuits, that is....)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:09 pm

I love most biscuits but am particularly partial to a chocolate hobnob :love:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Not sure about penguins, but I found blue ribands in the pound shop!

My avatar
DebbieP
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby DebbieP » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:26 pm

@doobykat yes I had a penguin yesterday, they do them in different flavours now!

Fave biscuits are kitkats! But I also like ginger nuts and hobnobs and any other biscuit apart from custard creams!

@sim oh Tim Tams, they are good, discovered them while in NZ!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:36 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Not sure about penguins, but I found blue ribands in the pound shop!

I spotted blue ribands in Lidl a few months back, and then cried when I found out they were nestle :( , were they always?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:
JabberJabber wrote:Not sure about penguins, but I found blue ribands in the pound shop!

I spotted blue ribands in Lidl a few months back, and then cried when I found out they were nestle :( , were they always?

A quick look on Wiki and it seems that yep, they have always been produced by Nestle

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Fig rolls :cake: Hugh fernley witteringbloke has a really good digestive recipe they are a bit fiddly to make but really yum

River cottage spelt digestive biscuits
We make these in two slightly different ways: follow this recipe for a digestive to serve with cheese, or reduce the sugar to 100g to create a slightly less sweet biscuit for pâtés. Makes about 30.
250g spelt flour
250g medium oatmeal
250g cold, unsalted butter, cubed
125g soft light brown sugar
a generous pinch of salt
1½ tsp baking powder
10-20ml milk
Put everything except the milk in a food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Tip into a bowl, then add just enough milk to bring it together into a firm dough. This uncooked dough will keep in the fridge for several days (as long as the milk in it remains fresh).
This makes a very firm, solid dough and, if it's been in the fridge, it will be rock hard, so let it come to room temperature before rolling. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/gas mark 3 and lightly grease two baking sheets. Put the dough between two sheets of clingfilm or baking parchment, and roll out until 2-3mm thick. Work quickly because it can become sticky as it warms up (return it to the fridge for a bit if this happens). Use a plain round cookie cutter to stamp out the biscuits. Arrange on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until pale golden and just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Yes, Tim Tams are like pengiun biscuits but oh so very much better!

PreviousNext

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights