Meatball recipes please

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Meatball recipes please

Postby Johanna21 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:Pork:
Minced pork, chopped bacon, chopped coriander, chopped chillis, spring onion, Thai green curry paste. Roll, brown off, then stick in a broth of coconut milk, green curry paste, and veg (peppers, mange tout, baby corn, sugar snaps) and serve with rice.

Wow! Made these for the first time tonight and they're amazing :D Didn't use chillis (forgot to buy any :oops: ) but probably better without for the kids anyway. A big hit, all gone and everybody looking for more.

I think these will be seen regularly in our house. Would it be ok to make a big batch and freeze some before cooking?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:15 pm

From a veggie perspective :lol: I make delicious ones from a Hare Krishna recipe - grated cabbage or cauliflower, onion and carrot, bound with gram flour and flavoured with cumin - honestly, they're far more delicious than they sound :)

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Johanna21 wrote:
Twinkletoes wrote:Pork:
Minced pork, chopped bacon, chopped coriander, chopped chillis, spring onion, Thai green curry paste. Roll, brown off, then stick in a broth of coconut milk, green curry paste, and veg (peppers, mange tout, baby corn, sugar snaps) and serve with rice.

Wow! Made these for the first time tonight and they're amazing :D Didn't use chillis (forgot to buy any :oops: ) but probably better without for the kids anyway. A big hit, all gone and everybody looking for more.

I think these will be seen regularly in our house. Would it be ok to make a big batch and freeze some before cooking?

Yeah, I'd guess so. Might go a bit misshapen though, but would still taste good!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 am

I freeze my meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet and then put them into a freezer bag once they are frozen. This stops them sticking together and getting squashed.

Previous

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights