hf1

How can I use broad beans and aduki beans?

My avatar
Iverson
Clothie
Clothie

How can I use broad beans and aduki beans?

Postby Iverson » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 pm

I want to try and use up what's been sitting in the cupboard, and also get us eating more beans and pulses. What can I do with these bags of broad beans and aduki beans? I've used them in chili, but doesn't feel like the right weather for chili lately. What else can I do with them??

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: How can I use broad beans and aduki beans?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:19 pm

I have no idea right now but I did see a yummy recipe someone put on FB @red_dwarf

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

I make broad bean mash/pate. Just get a drained tin of broad beans, add 2tbs of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and bled togehter. You eat it cold and it is delish. Really creamy nomnom.

My avatar
Iverson
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Iverson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 am

red_dwarf wrote:I make broad bean mash/pate. Just get a drained tin of broad beans, add 2tbs of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper and bled togehter. You eat it cold and it is delish. Really creamy nomnom.

Oooo, kind of like hummous, but not hummous. Actually, bean dip. Yum! I wonder if I could mix that into pasta sauce or hamburgers to trick my kids, or is that gross?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am

I think it would be fine with pasta, or with new potatoes & salad. Not sure about the burger though :lol:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

in a couscous/quinoa salad? Im thinking cooked grain, finely chopped radish, cucumber, cos or iceburg, pomegranate seeds, feta amd a little dressing or lemon juice

My avatar
fluffylove
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffylove » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I had a yummy ham hock and pea salad with a whole variety of peas and beans in it. broad beans were part of that. not sure what the other ones are though. :lol:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 pm

definitely salad :) really filling and nutritious-perhaps with a sticky sweet balsamic dressing?

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights