hf1

Passing it on - kid friendly!

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Passing it on - kid friendly!

Postby freyasmummy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:04 pm

In the spirit of Jamie's campaign for everyone who can cook a bit to 'Pass it On', does anyone have a great, quick, toddler or kid friendly recipe they could 'pass on'?

I made one of Freya's favourite teas tonight, super quick and easy as her dad and I will be eating later on. It's a chicken and veg creamy biriyani. You get some leftover roast chicken meat and chop it up. Sizzle in a pan with a teaspoon of Pataks korma paste and a bit of butter, adding a splash of water and stirring. Meanwhile microwave a sachet of Steamfresh rice and veg - we use the one with peas, sweetcorn and broccoli in with the rice. When this is cooked, stir into the curried chicken until coated, whack in one or two teaspoons of fromage frais or creme fraiche and stir till it's all mixed, then dish up into a bowl and let them make a mess!

I use more curry paste as she likes it spicy and strong, you could also use cooked prawns or any other cooked meat in this, whatever needs using up; or chick peas if you want to make a veggie version!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Passing it on - kid friendly!

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Moved to the foodie section ;)

Our fave easy toddler one is super simple - cook some pasta or noodles and stir in some full fat cream cheese (philly or own brand) and voila!
Allsorts can be mixed in for variety but it's super simple :)

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights