hf1

Recipes with chicken

My avatar
DanielleUK
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Recipes with chicken

Postby DanielleUK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I just love chicken :D and looking for some more recipies :)

I love curried chicken, garlic etc.

Thank you xx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Recipes with chicken

Postby beck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:50 am

One of my favourites is Apricot Chicken

1.5kgs chicken legs
flour
French onion soup mix (dry)
large can of apricot nectar

Roll chicken in flour, put in large baking dish. Mix nectar and soup mix and pour over chicken. Bake at 200 for an hour or til chicken is cooked. Serve with rice. So yummy & easy and the kids love it .

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:02 am

We eat a lot of chicken - probably more than any other meat!

* Chicken curry - tom based Indian
- coconut milk more kormas style creamy indian
-Thai green curry
* Peanut satay chicken (either with the meat grilled seperately and the sauce on top or as a stir-fry all mixed up with veg etc)
* Pesto chicken
* Stir frys - all sorts of different, homemade or packet sauce
* Chicken fried rice
* roast chicken
* homemade nuggets or gorgons(sp)
* Moroccan style chicken cous cous with veg, apricots, cashew nuts etc and Moroccan seasoning
8 did I mention curry :wink: :giggle:

Hope that's given you some ideas!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

I would make "marylands" with chicken fillets, by coating them in egg and then breadcrumbs and oven-cooking or grilling them. Adding spices or seasonings to the breadcrumbs first makes them more yummy!

For homemade, healthier chicken nuggets, whizz up a couple of chicken fillets, a chopped carrot, small chopped onion and chopped, peeled apple, add seasoning and breadcrumbs or flour and egg to help bind them, make into nugget shapes and coat in more breadcrumbs before frying. You can also make chicken burgers and meatballs this way, but you dont need to coat them in breadcrumbs. You could also use half chicken/half pork to make jucier burgers.

Chicken legs ae really cheap in our butchers shop and I'd coat them in some kinda sauce (sweet chilli, tomato, BBQ, reggae reggae sauce, honey and mustard, garlic and herbs - the list is practically endless!) before just popping them in the oven for about 40mins or until well-cooked.

My DH hates bones in meat so I dont get to make chicken wings or drumsticks as often as I like, but they're cheap and tasty, and fun to eat. Try the sauces I've listed above.

Chicken livers are apparently pretty tasy, although Ive never tried them! I have a recipe for chicken liver risotto if you'd like it?

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Fave is a whole chicken (1.8kg) in the slow cooker.

25g butter
60ml olive oil
60ml white wine
4 cloves garlic, 1 whole, 3 chopped
1 lemon, quartered
handful of chopped parsley.

Shove the lemon and whole garlic inside the chicken. Heat oil and butter together and brown chicken before placing in the slow cooker. Turn off the heat and add the garlic, parsley and win. Mix well then pour over the chicken and cook on high for 5hrs.

We usually have the chicken with mash and veg and gravy the first night, then stir fry the next night, fahjitas the next, and creamy chicken pasta for a final night. Very good value for money and the chicken comes out sooooo tender the bones just fall out!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat May 22, 2010 7:32 pm

We have just made chicken kebabs. You can do them under the grill, but we did them on the bbq. We made a marinade with fresh coriander, raw garlic, lime juice and olive oil. We used cubed chicken breast, but thigh meat would work as well. Leave in the marinade for a couple of hours and then put on skewers with veg and grill until cooked.

My avatar
xerinx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xerinx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 pm

I love
chicken and mushroom pie
bbq chicken
chicken with cheese and breadcrumbs
spicy chicken
sweet and sour chicken
italian flavoured chicken with pasta
chicken and sweetcorn jacket spuds
chinese chicken stirfry
chicken curry
chicken and veg skewers
chicken soup
chicken cassarole
chicken chassuer
garlic chicken
chicken in thyme and lemon

ohhh i could go on forever!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:32 pm

I could live of chicken :giggle: may favs are
chicken in marmalade which is just that, chicken in an oven bag, marinade for as long as possible in half a jar or marmalade then cook in the oven, we have with wild rice
or as above but use honey for sticky chicken, I part cook in the bag or covered dish then uncover for the last while to make the honey sticky

I really fancy chicken kebabs now, might go get some out and send DH for pitas when he gets in x

My avatar
Jo1984
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jo1984 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:37 am

Philli Chicken
Really easy, Cut open chicken breasts so there’s a flap on the top.
mix some garlic with some Philadelphia cheese (or other cream cheese) & Spoon into the chicken breasts.
Put a few bread crumbs on the top of it (optional) & oven cook
Lovely!x :wink:

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights