hf1

Pasta recipes

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Pasta recipes

Postby becky1978 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:24 pm

For a quickie I cook some chopped toms, sweetcorn, onions, garlic and herbs through, and then blitz with the handblender,and stir into pasta.

I vary the veg sometime but alway have toms and onions. Sometimes put in carrots, celery, spinach, squash, whatever is ahnging around! A really quick dinner that my boys both love especially with some cheese on top!

My avatar
xerinx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xerinx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Pasta in a simple cheese sauce?
pasta with a bacon and cheese sauce (carbonara)
pesto pasta
pasta with a smokey bbq tomato sauce
pasta and meatballs

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm

How do u make smokey bbq tomato sauce? Sounds yum...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

Yesterday's lunch was "whatever's in the fridge pasta".

I fried some chopped bacon and then added some onion and plenty of garlic, then some grated carrot and courgette (all I had, add peas, peppers, mushrooms or absolutely anything else you have). I made a "sauce" from half a chicken stock cube dissolved in a cup of boiling water, thickened with cornflour (maybe 1tbsp or so) and added it to the veg, simmering for a few mins until it was the desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese if you have any and serve!

Pasta soup - this was the previous day's lunch, again, I fried some bacon, onion and garlic, added two grated carrots and a chopped yellow pepper. One tin of chopped tomatoes and a pint or two of chicken/veg stock. Add a pinch of mixed herbs, 1scant tsp sugar and some paprika and seasoning. Add pasta shapes and simmer until pasta is cooked. I served this with homemade cheesy croutons. Chorizo, haricot beans, celery and other veg would work well in this, making is more like minestrone soup.

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Oh my goodness! I just made Frances' SPinach and Ricotta spagetti with tomato and onion passata, and I have died and gone to heaven! That is the simplest but most divine pasta dish I have ever tried!

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Creme fraiche, Mirree garlic cream chese (philli will do but miree is fluffier and melts like cream) bacon bits and frozen spinach .......nom nom stirred into pasta or spagetti.

Basically fry the bacon bits, then stir in the creame cheese and creme fraice, cook pasta and spinach together, drain and mix sauce in to pasta.

A huge fave in this house :)

Previous

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights