hf1

Risotto recipies

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Risotto recipies

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:15 pm

charlibunny wrote:Are there any non dairy but still moist rissotto's?? Egg free too....

Loads! You can pretty much put in whatever you like. I use olive oil instead of butter for the frying and you don't need cheese. We had a lovely one the other day that I made with chicken, veg and coconut milk.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Louise wrote:
charlibunny wrote:Are there any non dairy but still moist rissotto's?? Egg free too....

Loads! You can pretty much put in whatever you like. I use olive oil instead of butter for the frying and you don't need cheese. We had a lovely one the other day that I made with chicken, veg and coconut milk.

Would you happen to have a recipie hun?? Im rubbish at cooking but my Idea's have ran out :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 pm

charlibunny wrote:
Louise wrote:

Would you happen to have a recipie hun?? Im rubbish at cooking but my Idea's have ran out :(

Not really, I just made it up as I went along :oops: This is roughly what I put in it -

2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 Cups of Risotto Rice
2 Small Onions Diced
1/2 can coconut milk
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
3 Chicken Breasts
Mixed veg, either frozen or fresh, whatever you have, I used carrots, green beans, peppers, frozen peas.
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1 tbsp mixed herbs
chicken stock
1 teaspoon of salt

Melt the oil in a large pan and add the diced onion, garlic and rice and brown until the onion is softened.

Add half the stock and allow to soak up the water for a few minutes.

Add the mixed vegetables and the rest of the stock cover and simmer for about 10 mins. Stir a few times.

Fry the chicken in a pan until browned, then put it in with the vegetables and rice.

Add the coconut milk and stir through cook for 10 minutes then add the salt, mixed herbs, mustard, white wine vinegar and cook on a low heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.

If I had any white wine I would usually add a glass in with the coconut milk.

Previous

Return to Recipes and other Culinary Delights